VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a hard drive on which many DVD ISO files are located.

It has not been modified in years. Tried to play several recently (Fox series - 24) and the menu are now missing (for the most part).

Previously, they played correctly and I have NOT modified them in any way.

I've tried VLS and Kodi. NADA.

It MAY be that the last time I played them was on an old Western Digital TV live. Unfortunately, I no longer have that device.

Does anyone still have one of those devices? If so, could I forward one of the ISO files to you to see they will play correctly on it?

Anyone with any ideas??

Thanks much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can mount it in windows then drag the video_ts
    folder into MPC-HC, for example
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could also try ISOBuster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone still have one of those devices? If so, could I forward one of the ISO files to you to see they will play correctly on it?
    I've got one (WDTV Live) . Happy to look at your ISO: Dropbox or Google Drive, which you prefer. Send the link via PM.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Most likely you created or 'obtained' a movie-only backup and forgot about it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for all these ideas/suggestions. I may be really screwed up in my mind; I just discovered I don't have season 8 or 9 which I was pretty sure I had.

To Alwyn, thanks for the offer. I may need to do it later, but for the time being I've ordered a whole new set of originals from Ebay.

However, I have a second issue.... Got close to 200 movies (DVD ISO Format) on a HD that play perfectly on VLC or KODI as long as it's locally attached to my PC.

But setting up a NAS server with the same software most of them won't even start playing at all.

Strange, no??

Once again ideas/suggestions??
    Last edited by boowho; 6th Jul 2021 at 14:09.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wiseguy123* View Post
    I have a hard drive on which many DVD ISO files are located.

It has not been modified in years. Tried to play several recently (Fox series - 24) and the menu are now missing (for the most part).

Previously, they played correctly and I have NOT modified them in any way.

I've tried VLS and Kodi. NADA.

It MAY be that the last time I played them was on an old Western Digital TV live. Unfortunately, I no longer have that device.

Anyone with any ideas??

Thanks much.

Have you tried playing .IFO file on other video players (such as media player classic and VLC)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have installed Virtual Clone Drive (Redfox freeware) installed. Clicking on any iso & it appears as a virtual CD/DVD in my computer. I view "this" DVD with WinDVD. Other sw players work, ie, PowerDVD etc, I prefer WinDVD as it will display [CC's] when no subtitles are available. I have an 'old' 'slow'! computer connected to my TV for just this reason. This all assumes original DVD has [CC] on it. I have some very old hdd's with iso's only on them that all work. Also, sometimes files just get corrupted and dont work anymore.
    99½ % of the time I use my ooold Argosy media player (out of business for low these many years).

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote