VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have 100's of media files. i want to generate media info based on file name. like 1.mkv=>will contain 1.txt, abc.mkv=>abc.txt

i am not sure how can i do that but here is one thing i tried. generate all mediafile into one text file. problem is it's not scanning the .mkv files. however if i set absolute path it's working like C:\ABC.mkv. i tried "*.mkv" and without ""

not working:
    Code:
    @ECHO off
    MediaInfo "*.mkv">a.txt
    PAUSE
    working:
    Code:
    @ECHO off
    MediaInfo "C:\aa.mkv">a.txt
    PAUSE
    any help please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. load files for mediainfo in loop:
    Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv")  do ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. For all MKV files in a folder:
    Code:
    for %%F in ("*.mkv") do "g:\program files\mediainfocli\mediainfo" "%%~dpnxF" >"%%~dpnF.txt"
    For all MKV files in a folder and subfolders therein:
    Code:
    for /R %%F in ("*.mkv") do "g:\program files\mediainfocli\MediaInfo.exe" "%%~dpnxF" >"%%~dpnF.txt"
    For MKV and MP4 all files in a folder and subfolders therein:
    Code:
    for /R %%F in ("*.mkv" "*.mk4") do "g:\program files\mediainfocli\mediainfo" "%%~dpnxF" >"%%~dpnF.txt"
    You might want to include the extension in the text file name in case you have both an mp4 and an mkv of the same video in the same folder.
    Code:
    for /R %%F in ("*.mkv" "*.mk4") do "g:\program files\mediainfocli\mediainfo" "%%~dpnxF" >"%%~dpnxF.txt"
    Change the path to mediainfo cli as necessary for your system. Those all assume they are in a batch file. If you want to enter the commands directly in a CLI window change all the double percents to single percents.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thank you all

edit:

any difference between ~dpnF.txt and %%~dpnxF.txt?
    Last edited by iKron; 5th Jul 2021 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote