VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I really hope you can help me. For several days I've been getting more frustrated with multiAVCHD. I only have one problem left which I can't seem to solve. So far everything is fine except for chapter menu creation, specifically motion chapters. The AviSynth script fails. When opening it in mpc or AvsPMod the error is clear. In the script, there are lines like this:

Code:
    v1=ffvideosource("W:\_TEMP\multiTEMP-20210630\CH001001.m2ts").ChangeFPS(23.976).LanczosResize(328,198).trim(0,776).AddBorders(1, 1, 1, 1, $575757).ConvertFPS(24000,1001)
    And if I execute this, AVS will complain that you can't AddBorders() a value that isn't mod 2. That's it. If I manually remove that parameter, it works fine!

I have tried several cheap tricks. Powershell script to remove that line on the go (file in use), manually placing the fixed file there and write-protecting (can't write, crash). Other versions of Avisynth, Windows 7 in hyper-V, but nothing seems to work. multiAVCHD insists on adding 1 pixel to the video, ruining the whole process.

I would really appreciate assistance. Maybe I can add some script to the Avisynth window in the program. Anything.
    Last edited by pises; 30th Jun 2021 at 22:27.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your video is likely 4:2:0 chroma subsampled. Borders must be added in even numbers, not odd numbers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Your video is likely 4:2:0 chroma subsampled. Borders must be added in even numbers, not odd numbers.
    That's right, it's yv12. Isn't 4:2:0 Blu-ray compliant? But then I'm not the one adding the borders, I'd rather not have them. Multiavchd for some reason wants them for thumbnails. (I assume so that you can see the selection). AVS functions are made auto, I'd change it to 2px if I could. What I don't get is how this problem has not been reported anywhere else. That it's unique to me. I've tested authoring with several video files.

Maybe it's supposed encode to rgb, but for some reason doesn't?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I got it to work. I still don't know if this failure is exclusive to my setup, though I found a solution that's not perfect but much better than nothing.

1. AviSynth+ 3.7.0 32-bit. I think since I already had AVS+ I have issues with AVS 2.5-2.6, directshow crashes, gets nullptr. But with AVS+ it's working.

2. Make sure x264 is set to 32-bit since it uses 32-bit AVS.

3. Here is the tricky part, the compilation needs to fail at least once. With a cmd batch make all the thumbnail videos in temp folder write-protected so they don't get deleted.

4. After multiavchd fails delete the output folder, move the temp thumbnails to a secure location.

5. With FFMpeg convert every thumbnail video to yuv444.

6. Restart the compilation. When muxing begins move the thumbnails to the new temp folder.

Success. Thanks for hinting at the colorspace, I suppose.
    Quote Quote