VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody!

First of all, I sadly have to admit that I my Tech Level is "User". I know how to use google, but most of the results I found were either not what I wanted or too complicated for me use...^^

What I have:
    A .mkv file with multiple audio tracks and subtitles.

What I want:
    A .mkv with only one audio track and one subtitle option. And I want the file to play both of them when its started.

What I don't want:
    - A tool that needs me creating a new file. I just want to edit the already existing one.
    - A tool that needs me to change the format of the file. Somebody way better at this than me already got it into quite the good format, I don't want to mess with that ...^^
    - Something that needs 5 guides to read through to use it. If there are screenshots and a detailed guide on what I need to press, I can do it. But more complicated stuff is beyond me. Sorry for my incompetence :/

I really hope that you can help me out on this.
    Thanks in advance for any advice given

Greetings
    Quote Quote  
  2. What you want is impossible.

You can not remove audio/subtitles from a video without creating a new file.

You can use tools like mkvpropedit / JMkvpropedit to decide which audio/subtitle track is to be used when you start playing the video without creating a new file but it'll still have the multiple audio/subtitles.

To remove the superfluous audio/subtitles use MKVToolnix. Drag your MKV file onto it. Right-click on a track in the lower window and select "Disable all items"

[Attachment 59574 - Click to enlarge]

Next tick the tracks you want to keep and press "Start multiplexing" and your new file will be created. Use MediaInfo to see the content of the file.

[Attachment 59575 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote