VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried to search the forums for anyone having the same issue and came up short, so please excuse me if I somehow missed it. I have been using Xmedia Recode for a short while and everything seemed to work until a few days ago. I have followed a few forums with guides on how to cut out or trim a video to where a segment is not kept in the new saved file. Again, this worked up until a few days ago. I have a few videos where I want to cut out the first several seconds in the beginning. I have gone to the filters/preview section for the file and set the start time at the time I need. I press enter then added it to the queue and press encode. The finished product, however, is still the same as the original with nothing cut out. I have tried using the copy function for video and audio as well as switched it to convert, just to play with the settings. Unfortunately, it hasn't changed the time in the final video. I have seen posts where others recommend other programs for trimming, but I want to keep it simple and fix the issue here if I can.
    Last edited by TheParanoia; 24th Jun 2021 at 01:34. Reason: Added program name
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by TheParanoia View Post
    I have been using this program for a short while and everything seemed to work until a few days ago.
    Are we supposed to guess the name of the program?

Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall this mysterious program?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I apologize, I thought I signed up for a forum for xmedia recode. And yes I have reinstalled it a few times to see if anything changed. It hasn’t.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the trimming works that well in Xmedia Recode, try Avidemux.
    There's a portable version here
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviDemux
    Last edited by davexnet; 24th Jun 2021 at 02:34.
    Quote Quote