VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have an LG DVD Home Theater model LHD625, which was hit by lightning, the result is attached.
    I tested the entire board and everything is normal, just the IC a Mediatek MT1389QE, and two diodes that burned out.
    I would like some help, it is possible, I've researched a lot and almost nothing appears about it, much less the firmware to write the new CI. Does anyone have this firmware or a compatible one?

any help is welcome ^^

sorry about my English
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LHD625_hometheater.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	59492  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried contacting the manufacture to see if they offer any kind
    of warranty repair or replacement ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, LG refuses to send the firmware, the technical assistance has condemned the entire board and refuses the service because there is no replacement board. According to the service manual, the replacement of IC solves the problem, but the firmware is needed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Found this to repair/fault finding this hardware, it gives a firmware filename so its out there but might take some tracking down to find a genuine link not some scam to get you to enter your card details

https://masterelectronicsrepair.blogspot.com/2019/12/lg-lhd625-dvd-home-theater-system.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've researched a lot, almost nothing appears about this model. I had already read the service manual and looked for the file and nothing came up.
    Quote Quote