VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video I'm trying to convert. It's 1920x1080, but the initial segment in the video is full frame, then 2 minutes in, goes to widescreen and then has other full frame parts interspersed throughout.

The issue I'm having is that handbrake will re-encode and set everything to full frame instead of just the various segments. I tried setting Anamorphic to none to ensure that "video storage and display dimensions will be identical" but it isn't.

Anyone know the proper settings?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. What would be needed for this is:
    a. source would have to be completely analyzed regarding black bars and PAR
    b. source would need to be split in parts where the black bars and PAR is the same
    c. each of the parts would need to be cropped and encoded separately
    d. encoded video parts would need do be joined into a container which supports changing resolution (assuming the PAR is always the same)
    I don't know of any automated solution for this + most media players will not support this.
    (Years ago I did create such content and created a .ts file with different resolutions that could be streamed, so I know it's possible, but I doubt there is an automated solution.)

-> Can't be done with Handbrake, MeGui, StaxRip, Hybrid, VidCoder or any normal encoding gui atm.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you specify manual cropping with all values set to zero?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did you specify manual cropping with all values set to zero?
    I didn't think about that. But that solved it. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. okay, I clearly misunderstood what the target was. *gig*
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote