VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I got a set top device for digital cable tv. It does offer video recording on a usb stick. and it does record excellent. However when i copy files from usb flash to my desktop pc, the recorded file of .ts extension doesnt play by any software or get imported in almost all the famous converter software. Every recording is saved in a separate folder in usb stick where it is accompanies by one .info file, one .tsast file and one .idx file. Plz guide me how to fix it Image
    [Attachment 59461 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. The files are encrypted. You won't be viewing them outside the device that recorded them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx but there must be some way out .. in the accompanying files or via some decrypting software
    Quote Quote  
  4. My guess is that the encryption is done by a chip. You would have to reverse engineer that chip.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx dear but hopefully someone can come with a solution via its .idx file which seems to me the key to decrypt here. I may be wrong though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The idx file does not have the decryption key. It's in the device's hardware or firmware. They're not stupid enough to give you the key.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay then i got the simplest of the solution.. av out of device into the capture card of desktop
    Quote Quote  
  8. You'll probably find the analog outputs have Macrovision or CGMS-A and the HDMI output has HDCP encryption.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This reminds me of the memorable scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles....
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote