VideoHelp Forum

Try NordVPN to access Netflix or other streaming services from any country and also surf safely!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. With Google changing the game for everyone on 31 May 2021, when I check the videos I used to download, I can now see a message in the developer tools console tab:
    Can't verify license request signature; either the platform is wrong or the key has changed!

There is a javascript file that I download and opened in Notepad and it contains a string of code under a public key and private key such as:

The public 2048-bit RSA key Widevine uses for Chrome devices in L3, on Windows
    WidevineCrypto.chromeRSAPublicKey =
    `-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----

-----END PUBLIC KEY-----`;

// The private 2048-bit RSA key Widevine uses for authenticating Chrome devices in L3, on Windows
    // Extracted by applying some mathematical tricks to Arxan's white-box algorithm
    WidevineCrypto.chromeRSAPrivateKey =
    `-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----`;

My question is, can the decryption keys everyone is looking for in their websites be extracted from these javascript files? I've found some information regarding this using openssl but it's way above my knowledge level, but would be interested to know what others experience is.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The public and private keys that you are referring to are associated with chrome 1610. The question is, have they been changed for the new CDM or are they the same with more obfuscation? These are the unknowns.

My question is, can the decryption keys everyone is looking for in their websites be extracted from these javascript files?
    The answer is no. To get this to work again, you will have to modify the eme_interception.js and the content_key_decryption.js files.

I've found some information regarding this using openssl but it's way above my knowledge level, but would be interested to know what others experience is.
    Maybe you can share this info with the community or myself so that it can be evaluated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was a YouTube video I found on ssl.com but it was a little too technical for me. Hopefully you can get something out of it. The link can be found HERE
    Quote Quote  
  4. ...
    Last edited by moni; 13th Jun 2021 at 04:57.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can someone post, hypothetically, what would need changing in the old extension besides the public and private keys in order for it to work again?
    Quote Quote  
  6. To make extension work again you only need to add new working chrome cdm RSA private keys.
    Last edited by notaghost; 10th Jul 2021 at 06:09.
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    To make extension work again you only need to add new working chrome cdm RSA private keys.

That is sadly not true.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It is.
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote