I got a DVD whose quality is bad.It's hard to understand how I can deinterlace it for me.
Please check it,masters.Please give me a hand,thanks!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
It's not interlaced so it doesn't need deinterlacing. Maybe it needs anti-aliasing with Santiag or some such. Maybe it needs some cleanup with QTGMC(InputType=2).
That's interesting because Mediainfo reports it as Interlaced, TFF:
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings : CustomMatrix / BVOP
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
Format settings, picture structure : Frame
Duration : 3 min 26 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 927 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 7 000 kb/s
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.379
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
GOP, Open/Closed : Closed
Stream size : 96.5 MiB (100%)
Bobdoubler in VDub is smooth for both.
I tried bob(), I noticed the Chinese characters at the bottom seemed to change, artifacts of some kind, or could it be traditional and simplified Chinese on alternate fields ?
I don't know if my effort's any better or worse than davexnet's effort (I haven't downloaded it yet) but you can keep the Chinese characters out of whatever other filtering you use, or filter them separately etc.
Even though the source is progressive, I think it's been incorrectly resized or something, and de-interlacing with QTGMC anyway seems to produce a reasonable result.
V = mpeg2source("D:\6wing.demuxed.d2v") A = V.QTGMC()\ .SelectEven()\ .MAA()\ .FineDehalo()\ .Crop(24, 60, -24, -60)\ .Spline36Resize(956,456)\ .AddBorders(0,60,0,0)\ .GradFun3() B = V.Crop(24, 516, -24, 0)\ .Spline36Resize(956,60)\ .LSFMod() StackVertical(A,B)
"A" probably should've been Crop(24, 60, -24, -56).Spline36Resize(956,460).AddBorders(0,60,0,0)
"B" probably should've been Crop(24, 520, -24, 0).Spline36Resize(956,56)