VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have several .ts videos. I want to convert them all to .mp4 with the same quality. What is the fastest way to do it? I would prefer to run it in batch mode with minimum interaction.

Thank you.

PS: It could be a paid or a free program.
    Last edited by gooroomp; 6th Jun 2021 at 01:21.
    Quote Quote  
  2. .ts is a container, assuming the streams in your .ts file are compatible with mp4 simply remuxing the files would work. (could be done with ffmpeg or tons of guis)
    If you feel up to it, you can try Hybrid:
    • start Hybrid
    • set default output path ("Config->Paths->Default output path")
    • set default temp path ("Config->Paths->Default temp path")
    • set "Base->Processing->Video" to "passthrough"
    • set "Base->Processing->Audio" to "passthrough"
    • enable "Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle"
    • enable output name generation (enable "Base->Generate")
    • drag&drop all your file into Hybrid (or open them all through the file open dialog)
    • wait until Hybrid has analyzed all the files
    • add files to job queue (Base->Add to queue)
    • start job processing (Jobs->Queue->Start)
    (Hybrid has tons of options to do automate the job, even monitor folders for incoming files, but Hybrid is meant for advanced users.)

Alternatively use a batch file in Windows (there should be an example here in the forum), which basically calls:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i <path to input ts> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -c:s copy <path to output mp4>
    iirc the batch syntac should be
    Code:
    for %%a in (*.ts) do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -c:s copy "%%~na.mp4"
    on Windows.

If the content of your files are not mp4 compatible you need to reencode the content accordingly to what formats you want in your mp4 files. Typically H.264 or H.265 video, ttx or picture based subtitles, and aac or ac3 as audio.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 6th Jun 2021 at 02:41.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    .ts is a container, assuming the streams in your .ts file are compatible with mp4 simply remuxing the files would work. (could be done with ffmpeg or tons of guis)
    If you feel up to it, you can try Hybrid:

Cu Selur
    Thank you for the reply. I'm downloading Hybrid now. From the website name, it seems that Hybrid is yours. Am I correct? That's amazing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, I'm the author of Hybrid.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote