VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using Any Video Converter Free to Convert my .VOB Files and other Videos on my Computer to .MP4 and put them on my USB Drive.

Then I Watch them on my TV through the USB Port.

When I Convert my Files I use the SamSung .MP4 Setting.
    I Set my Video BitRate to 5,000 and my Video Size to 1080 and it is good.

But there is a Setting that Says Constant Quality.
    And it has a Drop Down list that Says 0. 13 19 22 and so on.

What is this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a list that lets you select how much quality you want for cq encoding so if it you want a really good quality encode you chose lower values.If you want more info others will tell you or just google more about cq numbers.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I know Video BitRate is how many Bits of Video Data are Encoded Per Second.
    So the more Bits will make the Video look good.

But Constant Quality Encoding is Compression?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    All encoding is compression,cq just gives the bit rates needed for different scenes so it is constantly being adjusted for the best bit rate as it goes so the size isn't know until the encoding is over so it can be bigger or smaller depending on the video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You know the final quality (but not the final filesize) when using CQ settings. You know the final filesize (but not the final quality) using bitrate encoding. Most think CQ is by far the better method. Once you find a CG setting (number, maybe 18 or so) that produces the quality you like, just stick with it. Encoding everything at 5000 is just plain silly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by biferi View Post
    I am using Any Video Converter Free to Convert my .VOB Files and other Videos on my Computer to .MP4 and put them on my USB Drive.
    You could also remux the vobs to mkv; no recoding, no loss of quality.
    Quote Quote