VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I found out what caused the issue,on updates the shell icons i created in regedit for shortcut arrows no longer worked so i deleted the shell icons registers entry and the icons came back after doing an explorer restart.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Microsoft's Windows 11 Workaround For Unsupported CPUs Comes With A Show-Stopping Caveat.

https://hothardware.com/news/microsofts-windows-11-workaround-has-huge-caveat
    "Like this facility, I don't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah heard that already. you can install w11 on pretty much anything..... BUT there will be no security or program updates available, on older "non_supported" hardware, EVER.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've been running Win 11 on a Dell Vostro i5-8400, a Dell XPS laptop i7-8550u, for about 2 weeks now. I capture 4k and downscale to FHD, everything works. The security is fantastic on Win 11, however, you can turn almost all the same security features on in W10. Visually, rounded corners on your applications, several built in themes from dark to light. I have an older PC that didn't pass the processor check so that machine will stay on W10 as a Plex and Playon server. Older machines, you're probably SOL unless you don't mind updates not happening. I'm in the MS Developer channel and the complaints have been nitpicking and what I call minimal. Like any modern operating system you could run into issues. There are still people running Win 7 on their rigs. You have to decide for yourself whether to take the plunge or not. October 5th is the earliest those not in the developer/insider channels can upgrade via Windows update. Rule #1 backup your rig and be prepared to restore if needed. I'm not a MS fan boy, I also have Linux rigs that have been running over 10 years and do what they need to do, primarily web surfing, Linux is still a rock solid option. I'm rambling I know. Make the call yourself.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After a lot of hemming and hawing, I decided that I needed to keep my i5-8400 PC going securely for a couple of years beyond the Windows 10 EOL date. I bought a new ASRock B365 motherboard to replace the current motherboard which provides no way to add a TPM 2.0 module or activate PTT.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Microsoft will release Windows 11 on October 5th.

Windows 11 will be offered as a free upgrade.

By Tom Warren@tomwarren Aug 31, 2021, 9:00am EDT

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/31/22649940/windows-11-release-date-features-devices-free-upgrade
    "Like this facility, I don't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just found a way to pin hard drives and control panel and others to the taskbar.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-11-pin-custom-shortcuts-taskbar.html
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote