I just want to start off by saying, I'm VERY new to this so please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology or I'm doing something completely wrong. I'm trying to learn as I go along and I'm probably making very obvious mistakes.
So I have some 720x480 cartoon episodes I'm ultimately trying to restore and upscale. However the episodes are interlaced in a "weird way". When I skip through the episodes in VLC only certain parts of the video are visually interlaced.
I was very tempted to run them through Handbrake or VirtualDub and just apply a deinterlace filter but lately I've been learning about basic inverse telecine using AvsPmod.Code:Format : MPEG Video Format version : Version 2 Format profile : Main@Main Format settings : CustomMatrix / BVOP Format settings, BVOP : Yes Format settings, Matrix : Custom Format settings, GOP : Variable Format settings, picture structure : Frame Codec ID : V_MPEG2 Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video Duration : 22 min 37 s Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 4 584 kb/s Maximum bit rate : 9 800 kb/s Width : 720 pixels Height : 480 pixels Display aspect ratio : 4:3 Frame rate mode : Variable Frame rate : 24.222 FPS Original frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Interlaced Scan order : Top Field First Compression mode : Lossy Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.548 Time code of first frame : 00:59:59;00 Time code source : Group of pictures header Stream size : 742 MiB (96%) Language : English Default : No Forced : No Original source medium : DVD-Video
This is the script I'm using (I'm probably doing something majorly wrong here):
So far everything is working perfectly. I import the script into VirtualDub and the video looks perfect. The interlacing is visually gone and the frame rate is fixed 23.976.Code:MPEG2Source("G:\Encode\0102.d2v") tfm() tDecimate() bilinearResize(720,540) vinverse() crop(0,0,720,538)
Where is starts to fall apart is the audio. I cant attach the source video file as audio because VirtualDub doesn't like using .mkv files as source audio and it throws an error. So I used Kirara to convert the source video file into a .WAV file (which VirtualDub will happily accept as an audio source).
Now when I play everything back within VirtualDub, everything seems fine at first, everything appear to be in-sync.. But as I start skipping through into the middle of the episode I notice its slightly fallen out of sync. Then suddenly after a few minutes it'll be okay again and then back out. It's like certain areas are falling in and out.
Would appreciate any help. Please keep in mind that I'm a total noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. So if you could please kindly ELI5, I would appreciate it.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Last edited by ThaKarra; 3rd Jun 2021 at 07:29.
However I think I've fixed it now.
I've stopped using DGIndex and:
Now when I play everything back within VirtualDub, everything seems fine at first, everything appear to be in-sync.. But as I start skipping through into the middle of the episode I notice its slightly fallen out of sync.
An IVTC doesn't change the length of the video. If it was in synch before, it'll be in synch afterwards. The only thing that might affect that is if there was an audio delay in the initial video, a delay not taken into account in the reencode. DGIndex, when demuxing the audio, tells you if there's an audio delay. Also, rarely, a different Cell ID might have its own audio delay that's taken into account in the DVD but not in your reencode. Rarely. You can check for that using PGCDemux.
Last edited by manono; 3rd Jun 2021 at 23:57.