VideoHelp Forum


Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip streaming video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I have several video files with low volume. I need a simple way to increase the volume of the files, say by 15-20bd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. replay gain normalization is available for aac in mp4. foobar 2K does it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Increase the volume as desired. Alternatively, you can use the DynAudNorm (Dynamic Audio Normalization) filter.
    You can also run the automatic audio analysis before the conversion.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	59204  

    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    replay gain normalization is available for aac in mp4. foobar 2K does it.
    Thanks but I use Avidemux for my mp4's with aac. What I need is something for wmv's. I can use Avidemux to convert to mp4/aac but I'd like to just increase the volume without changing the video.
    Last edited by johnr283; 31st May 2021 at 12:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Increase the volume as desired. Alternatively, you can use the DynAudNorm (Dynamic Audio Normalization) filter.
    You can also run the automatic audio analysis before the conversion.
    I tried clever FFmpeg-GUI but an unhandled exception occurred in my wmv and mp4 files.
    As I replied to butterw: I use Avidemux for my mp4's with aac. What I need is something for wmv's. I can use Avidemux to convert to mp4/aac but I'd like to just increase the volume without changing the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You should be able to re-encode the audio without re-encoding video. Try selecting mkv as the output container.

    Replay-gain which is available for aac and mp3 doesn't require re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johnr283 View Post
    I tried clever FFmpeg-GUI but an unhandled exception occurred in my wmv and mp4 files..
    Could you upload an 20 sec sample from both your mp4 and wmv file here?
    (You can cut them with Avidemux)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try using BS Fag if that fails to increase the audio due to the normalizer then Free Video Volume Booster will definitely perform the task as you can manually adjust it to your specific needs.I've tested it on a wmv sample both are available to download on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Try using BS Fag if that fails to increase the audio due to the normalizer then Free Video Volume Booster will definitely perform the task as you can manually adjust it to your specific needs.I've tested it on a wmv sample both are available to download on this site.
    Free Video Volume Booster worked. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads