VideoHelp Forum


Try NordVPN to access Netflix or other streaming services from any country and also surf safely!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. All of "my" tools failed me.
    Can anyone help download this video and tell me what he used?
    https://www.facebook.com/vidivakamedia/videos/278567100622952/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    All of "my" tools failed me.
    Can anyone help download this video and tell me what he used?
    https://www.facebook.com/vidivakamedia/videos/278567100622952/
    change www to mbasic (mobile version of facebook) play video and right click on video to save.
    if that doesn't work, try copying the mbasic link and try youtube-dl.
    Last edited by october262; 27th May 2021 at 20:48.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    change www to mbasic (mobile version of facebook) play video and right click on video to save.
    if that doesn't work, try copying the mbasic link and try youtube-dl.
    Both methods work, however, they give me the most terrible resolution/quality.

    [edit] After careful analysis, I managed to grab a HD version but only for the video. Don't know if I'm gonna manage to download the audio and merge them.
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 28th May 2021 at 01:33.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    hawai
    Search PM
    very strange your issue... IDM work fine and fast.

    Image
    [Attachment 59160 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    very strange your issue... IDM work fine and fast.

    Image
    [Attachment 59160 - Click to enlarge]
    IDM is one of the tools I rarely use.
    I have version 6.38.
    I click add url, paste the link, and it only downloads a .html file.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Is my version old or do I have to be logged in in Facebook?
    I started IDM from the desktop.
    Quote Quote  
  6. idm has firefox and chrome extension when you install it
    if you install its chrome extension, you'll see a button beside the video to download it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tamagoyaki View Post
    idm has firefox and chrome extension when you install it
    if you install its chrome extension, you'll see a button beside the video to download it
    For Facebook it doesn't show any button.
    For Youtube it does.

    Image
    [Attachment 59165 - Click to enlarge]


    Image
    [Attachment 59166 - Click to enlarge]


    [edit] Okay, after reinstalling IDM and playing around with the video link, it showed a button.
    If the link redirects to a watch/v? it doesn't show button.
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 28th May 2021 at 05:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    hawai
    Search PM
    IDM latest is 6.38 build 25 (to see go to help - about)
    and yes, IDM show button when intercept video link (need to play video if you want IDM to intercept the flow).
    sometime IDM don't intercept video, then open new tab, go back to previous tab (where you have play video) and IDM show button above.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads