VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using MPC-BE (1.5.6.6000) and own a 21:9 ultrawide monitor. Many movies use letterboxing to fit a 21:9 movie in a 16:9 frame. I can zoom in (either using video frame Touch Window From Outside or Pan&Scan Zoom to Widescreen) to remove the black bars at top and bottom, but it does not adjust the subtitles (which are embedded, not hard coded) and I would really like to zoom in and be able to read the subtitles. Is this possible or do I have to use other software?

That's how it looks like normally (Normal Size / Touch Window From Inside)
    [Attachment 59115 - Click to enlarge]

That's how it looks like zoomed in (Touch Window From Outside / Zoom to Widescreen)
    [Attachment 59116 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    From the View -> Options menu (default shortcut "O" ) under subtitles -> rendering there is an option to override the subtitles position relative to the screen and place wherever you want. The option to check is "override placement"

I checked and the option is still there (in the most recent build of the player) .. but the last time I used MPC-BE was several years ago: the only thing I can say is that at the time it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know...

I can find the override placement option under Rendering , but the position relative to the video frame is only under Default Style .

Either way it does not change anything :/

I have the feeling that it doesn't select the default style even if the box is checked? Am I doing something wrong?

You also said something about "the most recent build of the player". Which one is that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    Last Build (I downloaded it to check if the option was still there) is 1.5.7.6180

But I don't think it matters, in this case.

To make the subs relative to the screen you have to checkmark the "Override placement" check box (from the first of the two pics) like this... then adjust the two Horizontal and Vertical percent values. They are the relative position on your screen where you want the subs displayed. 50% (ok for horizontal) is in the center of the screen, 90% (default for vertical) is about at 1/10 from the bottom of the screen.

[Attachment 59118 - Click to enlarge]

Tested now, and it still works. If you should use subs where the position/rotation/scale of the text is relevant to display it correctly on the image..then the text will be out of place with this method.. but with common subtitles with fixed position it will work fine.
    Quote Quote