VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Mr
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

I’ve been testing out as many timebase correctors as I can get my hands on (favourite currently is the AVT-8710) I’ve recently acquired a Video Tech VMX410, which apparently has some useful restoration, sync and correction features. However, these can only be entered and adjusted by number on a two digit display, so without a manual there’s no way to know what it’s doing or what you’re playing with!

Does anyone have a VMX400 or VMX-410 manual please? Or at least the page that shows the Digital Video Processing Function & Values key? Would be most obliged!

Many thanks

John

Fryfilm Productions Ltd.
    Salisbury, Wiltshire UK http://www.fryfilm.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. …i would like to attach my request for that manual - Video Tech Designs VMX410 or VMX400 - which i am looking for but cannot find anywhere online…

…i have asked the TS (Fryball) directly about a month ago via their contact form on their website if they managed to find the manual, but unfortunately i did not get an answer yet..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. A few years ago I found this 410 device partially devastated. I wanted to remove the TBC chip to use it. And I also ran into the lack of documentation issue. The only thing I have are two 1997 articles from the Polish "Life Video" magazine describing these models of devices. It's not much, and it probably won't help, but it's for everyone.
    Image Attached Thumbnails m.LV-1997.11-Video.Tech-VMX-400-Test.pdf  

m.LV-1997.12-Video.Tech-VMX-410-Test.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Amaroc View Post
    It's not much, and it probably won't help, but it's for everyone.
    …thank you very much for this contribution to a collection of information regarding this machine…

…unfortunately i do not understand any polish, but perhaps some day someone can help extracting something usable from this article…
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by charly View Post
    Originally Posted by Amaroc View Post
    It's not much, and it probably won't help, but it's for everyone.
    …thank you very much for this contribution to a collection of information regarding this machine…

…unfortunately i do not understand any polish, but perhaps some day someone can help extracting something usable from this article…
    watch this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7DBw8_f1PQ
    it's the closest thing on using the vmx410
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    watch this youtube video
    …thank you for the contribution to the collection…

…before everyone has to watch the whole thing: the relevant part in that video is from 5:40 until 6:10 - showing the _use_ of one of the swipe patterns…unfortunately no information is given regarding the programming of that wipe…
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Documents translated.

maybe will help a little
    Image Attached Thumbnails m.LV-1997.11-Video.Tech-VMX-400-Test (translated).pdf  

m.LV-1997.12-Video.Tech-VMX-410-Test (translated).pdf  

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Documents translated.
    …thank you for the support…

…there is also an article about the VMX400 in the ‚Electronics Australia‘ april 1998 issue on pages 12 and 13: https://archive.org/details/EA1998/EA%201998-04%20April/page/n11/mode/2up
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I have quick reference card with functions listed.
    Image Attached Thumbnails VMX400QRC.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  10. ...great! - thank you! - this does help a lot...
    Quote Quote