VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Attaching fragment of dark video that I need to restore. What could be the best method? Can Auto Levels help? https://www.semw-software.com/en/autolevels Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by taigi; 14th May 2021 at 22:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the origin of this clip - Do you have the original camera source ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. try something like this:
    AVISource("snippetOfDark.avi")
    hdragc(coef_gain=10.0,max_sat=3.0,protect=2,shadow s=true,corrector=0.8,reducer=1.6)
    ConvertToYV16(interlaced=true)
    SpotLessUV()
    ConverttoRGB32(matrix="rec709",interlaced=false)
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub\plugins32\ccd_sse2.vdf", "CCD", 1)
    CCD(7,1)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    What is the origin of this clip - Do you have the original camera source ?
    Attaching another virtualdub2 cut of the same material - not packed with h.264. Extension of original file is .MTS and virtualdub2 says it can't cut without processing. Including no audio.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    try something like this:
    hdragc(coef_gain=10.0,max_sat=3.0,protect=2,shadow s=true,corrector=0.8,reducer=1.6)
    SpotLessUV()
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub\plugins32\ccd_sse2.vdf", "CCD", 1)
    CCD(7,1)
    thanks, looks promising. So hdragc can run on 32bit computers only? And I found script to use for SpotLessUV.avsi here, am i correct?: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/11408-horizontal-chroma-noise.html And the last plugin is for removing noise? Can run it separately only. Still have a feeling all that was used by a creator (-s) of Auto Levels.
    Last edited by taigi; 17th May 2021 at 03:13.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    try something like this:
    SpotLessUV()
    CCD(7,1)
    So yeah, I experimented in comparing your script and Auto Levels plugin. After all I found I can't configure Auto Levels plugin quickly and there would be much of time loss on trying this. Also I remember Auto Levels is not dynamic and hdragc is. So I think I'm about to fight dark with your script now, good sir, thank you. (Still not managing to start ccd_sse2.vdf in one session so gonna trust Neat Video instead).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Manual gain/gamma:

Code:
    LWlibavVideoSource("snippetOfDark.avi") 
    Trim(6,0)
    ColorYUV(gain_y=400, off_y=-55).ColorYUV(gamma_y=200).ColorYUV(cont_u=500, cont_v=500)
    [Attachment 59096 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The big blob of white in the background (projection screen?) is throwing off the calculations of any auto filters. Either adjust manually as was mentioned, or mask out the white while auto adjusting.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. @jagabo: nice,good catch!
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  10. Good job, but since that is a fragment of long video, dynamic thing like hdragc is needed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    The big blob of white in the background (projection screen?) is throwing off the calculations of any auto filters. Either adjust manually as was mentioned, or mask out the white while auto adjusting.
    Any script to mask out the white screen while auto adjusting?
    Last edited by taigi; 24th May 2021 at 06:30.
    Quote Quote  
  12. It will only work for that one shot;
    Code:
    mask = Crop(0,0,-1120,-680).AddBorders(0,0,1120,680).mt_binarize(70).mt_expand().mt_expand().mt_expand().Blur(1.4)
    Overlay(last, ColorYUV(gain_y=-240, off_y=20, cont_u=-240, cont_v=-240), mask=mask)
    Quote Quote