VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all.

i simply want to ask if it's possible to burn multiple ISO movie files to blu-ray disks? some of the ISO files i have created are smallish and it seems a shame to waste a 25gb blu-ray disk per file, so am hoping some learned member here can tell me how to add 2 blu-ray iso files to a single blu-ray disk and be able to select the file i want to play

many TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The time and effort to extract the isos and reauthor them isn't worth it to me to save a blank blu-ray which only cost less than a dollar each.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi johns0. many tnx for the reply. although i appreciate that blu-ray disks are not particularly expensive now, they are a bit more here than there, i think. this exercise is something i simply wanted to know if it could be done as much as the cost involved. going back to the subject, if you dont mind, is it something that can be done and if so, what software is needed?

many tnx
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Burning iso files AS FILES is easy, and just like saving any other data file.

But you cannot play a pdf or text file, and neither can you play an iso using most settop bluray players. App-based players on pc may differ, but even there, in general you can only "play" an iso once its disc image has been mounted.

Commercial players are also not set up to allow for multiple sessions to be separately mounted or played, so no you cannot burn multiple isos as discimages. You would have to extract and reauthor a new compilation disc. Some tools may help, like bdrebuilder, but you will still have a lot of manual work ahead.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you dont care for menus you can mount the isos and have makemkv output as an mkv movie file and put a few on disc as data and watch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I agree, that's probably the most straighforward way for compilations with most users.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The op stated burning blu-ray images,nothing to do with dvds.
    Quote Quote