VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So I'm finally ready to resume video editing with a new computer that should handle stuff way better than last time. Back then I used Sony Vegas 4.0 which I liked and now have a lot of editing projects I would like to either finalize or re-render or maybe even remaster the footage some day.

But I'm worried about compatibility issues. Can I even run/install version 4.0 on a new windows 10 computer? Can I update the existing files to a newer version without losing anything and keeping the edits, dissolves in place?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a free time-limited trial version available on the manufacturer's site.
    "Highly recommended to check compatibility with your system and to avoid disappointment in case you dislike any new features or restrictions."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to check compatibility with certain versions before installing it? If I run a trial version and I don't like how it works, does uninstalling it revert everything?

I also have version 11 but never got around to installing it because I was worried about this same issue. Perhaps that could help too.
    Quote Quote