VideoHelp Forum


Try NordVPN to access Netflix or other streaming services from any country and also surf safe!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 86
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Search PM
    I heard there are yet no alternatives.
    The script will be revoked and blocked by Google and Widevine at May 31st.
    This means we will no longer be able to download and decrypt widevine contents.

    How are you guys preparing for this change? Does anyone have an alternative?
    Quote Quote  
  2. many people have alternatives already it was never this only way to get content keys.

    Edit: Please do not PM me about this i will not give you anything like chrome Widevine Decryptor L3 extension thank you.
    Last edited by notaghost; 29th May 2021 at 02:05. Reason: some people being rude about it if you do not provide them with what they need ...
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't really understand why they have "let us" use the extension for so many months since it was "revealed".
    Why they didn't just stop us using it in the first place?
    Obviously they've updated the dlls and we had to use old dlls.
    What exactly are they going to change so that the extension will stop working even with old dlls, and, once again, why they didn't do what they are going to do on 31 May, few months ago?

    "With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021."
    But I don't use an older browser client. I use the newest browser client with a small change of a dll module.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    I don't really understand why they have "let us" use the extension for so many months since it was "revealed".
    Why they didn't just stop us using it in the first place?
    Obviously they've updated the dlls and we had to use old dlls.
    What exactly are they going to change so that the extension will stop working even with old dlls, and, once again, why they didn't do what they are going to do on 31 May, few months ago?

    "With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021."
    But I don't use an older browser client. I use the newest browser client with a small change of a dll module.
    Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. Widevine is revoking the support for older DLLs which means after May 31, you won't be able to play or load any widevine content with older dlls. tomer, the original author of widevine l3 decryptor clearly said that after May 31 we won't be able to use any dlls that are older than 4.10.2209.0.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    many people have alternatives already it was never this only way to get content keys.
    Can you tell me any alternatives you know?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by royjeon215 View Post
    Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. Widevine is revoking the support for older DLLs which means after May 31, you won't be able to play or load any widevine content with older dlls. tomer, the original author of widevine l3 decryptor clearly said that after May 31 we won't be able to use any dlls that are older than 4.10.2209.0.
    I mainly asked a bunch of questions.
    In what exactly am I wrong?
    I didn't say the extension will continue working or anything, even though it seems like I was hinting on something like that.
    Where did that tomer said that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. bump, can someone help with alternatives?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by no_neck View Post
    bump, can someone help with alternatives?
    +1, trying to find alternatives too, can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  9. May 31st is "Smile Day".

    If you've been putting off any dental work, take care of it.

    https://nationaltoday.com/national-smile-day/
    Quote Quote  
  10. There is a publically available script that predates Tomer's addon and I cannot say for sure, but probably forms the basis for the Chrome addon (?) Only Tomer could answer that. There are around a dozen forks of the git too.

    The WV keys will still have to be made available for browser playback but will not be supplied to the dll. They will still have to be supplied though. The script does not utilise the dll like the addon does but still supplies them in txt format.

    Tomer has said he is not releasing a new addon/extension. Someone else may.
    Last edited by codehound; 27th May 2021 at 17:44.
    Quote Quote  
  11. So, when's the D-DAY?
    Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
    Also, according to which time zone?

    I feel anxious. Also a bit excited because challenges are interesting and extremely rewarding.
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 30th May 2021 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    So, when's the D-DAY?
    Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
    Also, according to which time zone?
    Check https://widevine.rip/
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    So, when's the D-DAY?
    Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
    Also, according to which time zone?
    Check https://widevine.rip/
    it is getting closer, i don't think they will going to make chrome check for you cdm because this can be bypassed.
    they are going to modify it entirly.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider a 'fan' made joke site with a simple countdown timer as a reliable source.
    As a proof, that site now shows a popular meme indicating something died but the extension still works at 2 sites I checked.
    And one of those sites is HBO.
    Quote Quote  
  15. when you request for the key you also send them your cdm version they can block it and they will.

    some websites have it already blocked.
    Code:
    {"code":2042,"message":"To play this video, upgrade Chrome to v89. If already on Chrome 89, open chrome://components and update "Widevine Content Decryption Module""}
    this was from : https://online.codingblocks.com/app/player/173267/content/173597/10737/lecture
    keys requested by: @[ss]vegeta

    this is exactly the same fate that happened with Nexus widevine L1 when it was leaked to some people.
    now if you will request keys by nexus L1 cdm
    you get message something like this:
    Code:
    ACCESS_DENIED
    this website https://widevine.rip/ shows the approximate time taken from https://www.widevine.com/news which is the official notice
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    But this was like a month ago or something.
    So this "widespread automatic ban" as it is "advertised", does not seem to be that way.
    Still, developers will have to manually modify stuff and they could have done that months ago.
    Let's hope most of them won't.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider a 'fan' made joke site with a simple countdown timer as a reliable source.
    As a proof, that site now shows a popular meme indicating something died but the extension still works at 2 sites I checked.
    And one of those sites is HBO.
    I though that site was official. But, yes, it's still working for me (for now).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    I though that site was official.
    Really? You thought the Widevine devs would make a site with .rip domain and put a countdown timer on it?
    To laugh at us that we will not able to get keys anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    I though that site was official.
    Really? You thought the Widevine devs would make a site with .rip domain and put a countdown timer on it?
    To laugh at us that we will not able to get keys anymore?
    Why not?

    Last edited by lfer94; 1st Jun 2021 at 03:41.
    Quote Quote  
  20. ❌ ChromeCDM 1610 (13701) has been revoked
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    ❌ ChromeCDM 1610 (13701) has been revoked
    Indeed.
    This is a sad, sad day
    Quote Quote  
  22. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    USA,Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Lucky for me the 2 sites i'm using (they're not globally popular) still work just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  23. ...
    Last edited by notaghost; 1st Jun 2021 at 16:46.
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Brown Under
    Search PM
    Can confirm that Stan (AU) no longer works.

    Although gratitude to all those here who left enough breadcrumbs around for me to cotton on to this method, it gave me enough time to do what I needed to do. It was a short few hours but fruitful.
    Quote Quote  
  25. So, is there any new way to get the keys without the extinsion after it's death?
    Quote Quote  
  26. ITV Hub + CTV also no longer working.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    netflix and amazon is revoked.

    Playready has been cracked by....
    Quote Quote  
  28. Has anyone been able to use WVClient3 to get keys? https://github.com/fotile96/WVClient3
    or is it also affected by this change?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by naim2007 View Post
    netflix and amazon is revoked.

    Playready has been cracked by....
    you could always try the dvdfab streaming downloader - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader.htm?ad=forum_downloader
    has support for Netflix & Amazon HBO max funamation and adult websites !!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads