VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    Im trying to use Topaz Video AI Upscaler to upscale some DVDs.
    How do i I turn an upscaled image sequence back into a video? What is the best software to achieve this?
    I'm intending to author the encoded files straight to Blu ray is there an all in one solution? I've heard DaVinci Resolve can do this but is complicated, is there an alternative?

Thank you for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. With avisynth it's a piece of cake

ImageSource("myvideo-%04d.png", 0, 2000, 29.970, use_DevIL = true)
    the sequence must have 4 numbers 0000, 0001 etc..

if you want to merge the sequence into your video:

clip1 = avisource()
    clip2 = ImageSource("myvideo-%04d.png", 0, 2000, 29.970, use_DevIL = true).converttoyv12()
    clip1 ++ clip2
    note: assuming the video and img sequence have the same height, width and fps
    Last edited by themaster1; 3rd May 2021 at 13:02.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pretty much any NLE can accept an image sequence and turn it into a video. I use Vegas Pro, but you can also easily do this in Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    With avisynth it's a piece of cake

ImageSource("myvideo-%04d.png", 0, 2000, 29.970, use_DevIL = true)
    the sequence must have 4 numbers 0000, 0001 etc..

if you want to merge the sequence into your video:

clip1 = avisource()
    clip2 = ImageSource("myvideo-%04d.png", 0, 2000, 29.970, use_DevIL = true).converttoyv12()
    clip1 ++ clip2
    note: assuming the video and img sequence have the same height, width and fps
    Are you supposed to name the images 0-2000 individually? How does it know what images to use and in what order?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, you have to number, but the numbering format depends on the editor. I still recommend using an NLE rather than AVISynth.
    Quote Quote  
  6. VirtualDub: File -> Open Video File... select first image, VirtualDub will automatically detect the rest of the images (assuming they're sequentially numbered) and append them. Set a frame rate, compression codec, and save.
    Quote Quote