VideoHelp Forum


Try DVD Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVD Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread
  1. If i try install potplayer it works but whenever i try open video files it gives the error message "the file exists but does not seem to have any video"
    see picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pPiU9WG.png
Views:	34
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	58667
    Note, it all worked good until i installed the DaVinci Resolve 17 software for video editing...

    Anyone that know what the issue is?
    Note: I can play up the video files via other media player such as Windows 10 built in photos & movies + media player

    win10 64x
    i9 9900 CPU 3.6ghz
    gtx 1070
    Last edited by Sfang; 1st May 2021 at 00:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you install OpenCodec with PotPlayer... Maybe your DirectShow video codecs got messed up, try re-registering them with: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Codec-Tweak-Tool
    MS players use Media Foundation filters/codecs. Also, try installing LAV Filters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Gus.Ghanem View Post
    Did you install OpenCodec with PotPlayer... Maybe your DirectShow video codecs got messed up, try re-registering them with: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Codec-Tweak-Tool
    MS players use Media Foundation filters/codecs. Also, try installing LAV Filters.
    But shouldn't the coders be okay if other media players can play up the files without problem?

    I checked the tool and it shows this:
    https://i.imgur.com/4z9JpL0.png

    So now directshow for 64x which is my setup?

    I also made a log of all my codecs:
    penyacom.org/p?q=QWZJM3M
    or see attached files
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Windows 10 media players use Media Foundation, third party players like Potplayer, use DirectShow (VLC and MPV use FFMPEG). Some audio/video programs can sometimes mess with system codecs/registry settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Gus.Ghanem View Post
    Windows 10 media players use Media Foundation, third party players like Potplayer, use DirectShow (VLC and MPV use FFMPEG). Some audio/video programs can sometimes mess with system codecs/registry settings.
    So what should I do now?

    add:
    The sherlock utlity that i found on a other site states the following:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ZbIPeiX.png
Views:	5
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	58689
    Click image for larger version

Name:	qAtCg6I.png
Views:	6
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	58690

    add2: I tried install VLC media player and it works over there... it's only potplayer that i have problem with.
    Last edited by Sfang; 1st May 2021 at 20:01.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Use this to see if any codecs are disabled: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html it also lets you enable them... Reinstall your video card drivers. If nothing works, you might need to de a system restore.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Gus.Ghanem View Post
    Use this to see if any codecs are disabled: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html it also lets you enable them... Reinstall your video card drivers. If nothing works, you might need to de a system restore.
    Thanks for the help.

    After some changes within the system i managed to get it done, this time also with installing without the "additional codecs" within the installer.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads