VideoHelp Forum


Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip streaming video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 42 of 42
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by cinematicstudio View Post
    1. I know what UI stands for. I gave you that screenshot, as a peak preview. You can try the app if you want to see more. As opposed to some, who simply throw away words in the dark.
    2. As a matter of fact, I've been here for a few decades as well, I've been programming professionally since 1998. I can sympathize with what you're saying -- I guess on this one, you will see in the long run. And, as I've specified in the thread, you will be able to do a one-time purchase.
    3. It's certainly not a money grab. I've made the app be insanely easy to use, and insanely fast -- that took a lot of time and effort. Which I know some people will appreciate.
    I just need to address the above:

    I did install and try your software, in fact I have it up an running as I type this. The GUI is poorly laid out, there is nothing intuitive about it.

    You have scaling/spacing issues.

    Your app automatically creates "proxy PRORES-lookalike" files, what the hell is a "PRORES-lookalike" file? And why does your software also want to transcode to this format when the source is already PRORES?

    Your GUi also has issues with freezing up, it stays frozen in place and can't be moved, either in full screen or scaled.

    There is no way you have been "programming professionally since 1998", if you were really coding since then you would never have chosen C#, you would have used Pascal/Delphi or C++ and you wouldn't have made the amateurish programming mistakes you made.

    Lastly, your pricing is silly. Lightworks, which can claim use by legit professionals only costs $526 for an outright license and it comes with 2 additional pieces of software and it works on Linux, Windows and OSX:

    https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=214

    https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_shop&view=shop&Itemid=205

    The monthly fee for Lightworks, if one wants a subscription is just $30 and it supports RED, R3D, DPX, RAW, GPU accelerated color correction, various hardware devices, stuff that your app doesn't come close to supporting.

    Magix Video Pro X costs $400 and supports 8K HDR, GPU acceleration, AVX optimizations. Forget about competing with Vegas Pro 18, which also cost $400 and supports HDR, 32 bit float processing, and hardware-accelerated lossless intermediate formats.

    I'm not going to go through all the other alternatives, but if you were giving it away for free it still wouldn't be worth the time, there are much better legally free alternatives, but at the fees you want to charge, one would have to be drunk or high to consider it.
    Last edited by sophisticles; 29th Apr 2021 at 19:51.

  2. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Originally Posted by cinematicstudio View Post
    1. I know what UI stands for. I gave you that screenshot, as a peak preview. You can try the app if you want to see more. As opposed to some, who simply throw away words in the dark.
    2. As a matter of fact, I've been here for a few decades as well, I've been programming professionally since 1998. I can sympathize with what you're saying -- I guess on this one, you will see in the long run. And, as I've specified in the thread, you will be able to do a one-time purchase.
    3. It's certainly not a money grab. I've made the app be insanely easy to use, and insanely fast -- that took a lot of time and effort. Which I know some people will appreciate.
    I just need to address the above:

    I did install and try your software, in fact I have it up an running as I type this. The GUI is poorly laid out, there is nothing intuitive about it.

    You have scaling/spacing issues.

    Your app automatically creates "proxy PRORES-lookalike" files, what the hell is a "PRORES-lookalike" file? And why does your software also want to transcode to this format when the source is already PRORES?

    Your GUi also has issues with freezing up, it stays frozen in place and can't be moved, either in full screen or scaled.

    There is no way you have been "programming professionally since 1998", if you were really coding since then you would never have chosen C#, you would have used Pascal/Delphi or C++ and you wouldn't have made the amateurish programming mistakes you made.

    Lastly, your pricing is silly. Lightworks, which can claim use by legit professionals only costs $526 for an outright license and it comes with 2 additional pieces of software and it works on Linux, Windows and OSX: ...
    1. The GUI is not poorly layed out, just just wanted to bash it.
    2. Scaling/spacing issues - perhaps, I have tested it at 100% and 200% scaling. And, I'm testing at 1920 x 1080. On smaller monitors, it might not look as great. That being said, I will take another look at how it would look at 1600 x 900.
    3. I honestly don't care about your "programming advice" - or whatever you'd call it. There are millions of C# programmers out there who strongly disagree with you. And in fact, I've programmed C++ about 12 years before moving to C#.
    4. GUI freezing: if it's for a 2-3 seconds when moving from one layer to another -- this is something I'm currently working on -- should have an update by end of the week. This issue arose when I added keyframes - a few days ago.
    5. About my pricing - that's fine. You don't like it, don't buy it. If it brings you value, you'll buy it. If not, stick with what you like.

    John @ Cinematic Studio
    Last edited by cinematicstudio; 29th Apr 2021 at 22:51.

  3. I am going to prove how pathetic your software is with a video of me attempting to us it.

    Test system is a 17" HP laptop, i5-1035G1, 4C/8T, 16gb ddr4-2666, 1tb NVMe, 1tb SSD.

    Test methodology. did clean install of Cinematic Studio, launched app, tried to load test video linked below, the recording below is from my 3rd attempt.. While waiting, launched Shotcut and loaded file into timeline, to show that it is a valid video file and other video editors handle it just fine. Shut done Shotcut, checked if Cinematic Studio had loaded test file or if GUI was working properly, confirmed neither was the case, launched OpenShot, loaded test file, showed that OpenShot handles file just fine, shut down OpenShot, checked on Cinematic Studio, saw no progress, shut it down.

    Test video:

    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : ProRes
    Format version : Version 0
    Format profile : 422
    Codec ID : apcn
    Duration : 1 min 5 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 907 Mb/s
    Width : 6 144 pixels
    Height : 3 456 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.779
    Stream size : 6.88 GiB (100%)
    Title : Core Media Video
    Writing library : abm0
    Encoded date : UTC 2019-08-02 08:25:59
    Tagged date : UTC 2019-08-02 08:28:15
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 1 min 5 s
    Source duration : 1 min 5 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 320 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 2.49 MiB (0%)
    Source stream size : 2.49 MiB (0%)
    Title : Core Media Audio
    Encoded date : UTC 2019-08-02 08:25:59
    Tagged date : UTC 2019-08-02 08:28:15

    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/workflow

    ^Look for the file named Indie Film, ProRes version.

    People can judge for themselves what a half-baked, sorry excuse for a video editor you are trying to peddle.

    Note that you can not drag the app window, text is misaligned, nothing happens when you try and load a file and the overall layout is asinine.
    Image Attached Files

  4. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    bla bla bla, bla bla bla
    Let me stop your "demo" right there:

    You are a troll. There's no reasoning with a troll. Anything you say, the troll will find something regardless of the topic, to "say" back, just so he feels the pleasure of having the last word. In his mind, that's how he "wins".

    To spend more time arguing with you, is simply a waste of my time. Which I'd rather spend programming.


    To everybody else watching his "demo":

    1. First of all, he's got a low screen resolution (1600 x 900). On such a low resolution, he increased the dpi to 125%, just so that the app will look even more cramped. I did say I optimized the app for Full HD + dpi = 100%, so thare's really no surprise here -- if you have a decent monitor, even on 125%, it will look ok. If people genuinely using my app will report this to me, by all means, I will look into it.
    2. There's a reason each of the panes has a min size - so you can see what it's supposed to show you -- however, if you have a bike and want to drive like Lambo, it's not going to work (meaning, screen real estate). My app is optimized to be full screen, to take as much space as possible. It's pretty logical, it's a video editor, and you do need a lot of space.
    3. His .mov file - maybe he manually broke it, whatever. I will tell you this - I use Windows API to process the .mov file. If there's a bug in the Windows API for that specific .mov file, I won't be able to process the file. Also, pretty sure Shotcut doesn't use Window API to process the .mov file, so if the file is malformed, its processing library has a way to work around it. As a side note, in the future, I will work on porting my app to use ffmpeg, so maybe, if this was an actual issue, it will go away.
    LATER EDIT: i downloaded his video, and as I suspected, the Windows API can't play it -- since it's BRAW. To test what I'm saying, simply download his video, and try to play it with "Movies & TV" app. I do see that ffplay can play it, so when I will port to ffmpeg, this will work.
    4. If you have a problem with my app, unless you report it, I can't fix it.

    If you are genuinely interested in my app, even just for curiosity, I will welcome all feedback. I never said my app would be perfect, it will always be a work in progress. That will be shaped by the people using it. There may be a few bugs now and then, I do struggle to fix them all, but some will slip by. If you encounter any, please report it at cinematic @ cinematicstudio . app, and I will certainly look into it -- the more details you provide, the easier it will be for me to find and fix the issue.

    Thanks!

    Best,
    John @ Cinematic Studio
    Last edited by cinematicstudio; 30th Apr 2021 at 15:38.

  5. i5 Laptop?
    I'm out.

    Don't even bother.

    Shotcut will run on a triple A battery.

    As for the tone of that reply about how 'pathetic' it is , now you are just being rude for the sake of it.

    As least be decent and give critical remarks, insults lose your corner.

    You had my respect to begin with, and lost it at 'Pathetic' and how YOU had to prove something.

    If you're going to provide proof, you need to have the hardware to do it according to the software 'minimum specs'
    Last edited by super8rescue; 30th Apr 2021 at 17:00.

  6. If you are genuinely interested in my app
    This is his "helping" agenda with an arrays of attitudes, as every responsible Karen does

  7. Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Good on you, cinematicstudio. Your program probably isn't my cup of tea but I wish you well. It's great to see somebody daring to try.

  8. Originally Posted by cinematicstudio View Post
    LATER EDIT: i downloaded his video, and as I suspected, the Windows API can't play it -- since it's BRAW. To test what I'm saying, simply download his video, and try to play it with "Movies & TV" app. I do see that ffplay can play it, so when I will port to ffmpeg, this will work.
    So you are a liar. I posted the link and instructions stating to download the ProRes version of the file, and I posted the MediaInfo for the test file.

    It's sad that you don't know that ffmpeg does not support BRAW, neither does Shotcut nor Openshot or any app that relies on ffmpeg.

    You still have not explained what "ProRes-lookalike" means, you haven't explained why you feel the need to transcode every file to that format nor have you explained why you feel the need to transcode files that are already ProRes to that format.

    Yes, the laptop uses 1600x900 but Shotcut, Openshot, Resolve, Vegas, AviDemux, all work fine, no other editor has a problem with that resolution, your app does, that means you F'd up with the coding.

    You can call me a troll all you want, but the fact remains that you want to charge $600 per year for an app that doesn't work and is feature starved.

    Your "software" is garbage, poorly coded, poorly laid out and its developer clearly has a way overblown high opinion of it.
    Last edited by sophisticles; 30th Apr 2021 at 21:49.

  9. Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    i5 Laptop?
    I'm out.

    Don't even bother.

    Using this laptop I can edit 12k video using Resolve, not smoothly, but it's possible, 6k video relatively smoothly with Shotcut, Openshot, Vegas, Video Mastering Works and Premiere.

    His 'minimum specs' is indicative of poor coding techniques, inadequate optimization and a bloated programming language.

  10. In your post #23 you talk about value compared to price. I would regard even your Lite version as very poor value for money. It's 2021. The majority of people who may use this app would not be using 720p, especially as phones, these days, shoot in HD and UHD.
    As an aside, I also notice on your website that no mention is made of supported codecs.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.2.2 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - 2 Screens

  11. Originally Posted by cinematicstudio View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    bla bla bla, bla bla bla
    Let me stop your "demo" right there:

    You are a troll. There's no reasoning with a troll. Anything you say, the troll will find something regardless of the topic, to "say" back, just so he feels the pleasure of having the last word. In his mind, that's how he "wins".
    I have to agree.
    There is no reason to be downright rude.

  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Contact https://cinematicstudio.app/ if you want to continue discuss this software. Thread closed.




Similar Threads