VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used a tool that allows me to save HLS TS and playlist files locally to my machine. This had to be done because its an "app only" video. Unless theres a way to recieve m3u8 server files from the phone, I dont know any other way so I have used a tool to save it locally. However, I have a couple issues. During the download it obviously saves ad's in the stream. I have went and removed them from the stream and ensured that each ts file is in the same order in the playlist. Since its encrypted, the key (or so I think its the key) is in the M3u8 in order for it to play correctly in VLC. I can skim through the video up into the 17:40 mark and from there it locks up VLC. Because of this (ads removed or not), I am not able to save the stream to my desktop. If needed, I can upload my m3u8 in its orignal form to see what could be the root cause. I know for each .ts file the playlist has the duration, but I'm not able to figure out why at this very point it freezes. I can seek to a point a minute later and everythings okay but for the sake to save this to one merged file, I have no clue to what I'm doing.

I have tried opening this localized m3u8 file in youtube-dl -i local.m3u8 and it doesnt look for the right path.. It goes to C:file1,2,3,etc and thats not a directory.. even if i move the .ts files to the directory c root it doesnt read them.. So now I'm lost. IM happy I have the files saved but I have reached my limits into figuring out why i cant save this video locally without the issues.

Any help is needed.

Thanks

File Names: f.m3u8 playlist with ad's
    Neff1 playlist where i manually removed ad's
    The check_23 zip contains what the playlist is linking to the URI
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by gamerg; 23rd Apr 2021 at 23:30. Reason: adding the check_23 thats referenced in the playlist
    Quote Quote