VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone. I'm kinda new using Neat Video but I've been impressed with the results. I use VirtualDub and set the profile with the video itself. If I want to remove all the noise from a whole Anime DVD movie, can I just set the profile once and run the whole thing? Or should I split the movie by scene and set a profile per scene? Obviously that would take longer but I want the best results. Would that make a difference? Thanks everyone
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Can you please share a sample of your video?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The end results that Neat Video produces relies heavily on the profile used.

It's unlikely that a whole movie would have the same characteristics (e.g. some dark scenes, some bright scenes) , so you will generally get better results dividing up and grouping into similar sections

You can do some tests on small sections and see if the extra effort is worth it for your specific case
    Quote Quote  
  4. The end results that Neat Video produces relies heavily on the profile used.

It's unlikely that a whole movie would have the same characteristics (e.g. some dark scenes, some bright scenes) , so you will generally get better results dividing up and grouping into similar sections
    Neat video has some very nice feature "adapt to changing noise" which is deselected by default and can help in longer videos with changing scenes. Version 5 is much improved over ver 4 faster and with some nice features which makes it unique noise remover not seen in avisynth filters. One bad habit that I noticed working with it over couple of years is that it tends to "colorize" or alter color in some areas ( putting strange cyan on hands or part of the face) on low res videos like vhs which is easy repaired with ccd filter
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks everyone. I'll check out the "adapt to changing noise" selection. I did notice microscopic differences when I split the movie, but nothing that would be obviously seen. Maybe it's not worth the time. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote