VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's a mess of combing. Some are 2px high, some are 1px high, it's garbage. Anything I can do to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The easiest thing to do is to blur the image vertically:
    Code:
    Spline36Resize(width,540).Spline36Resize(width,720).
    That will give you something like a blend deinterlace.

johnmeyer has a technique where he comes close to a real deinterlace by splitting the video into horizontal bands then reassembling them. The thread in which he does it as at doom9.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170813
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Resizing to 540 and then 720 just gets me blurry-looking, but still obvious, combs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. share a sample if you want for folks to help in more detail,..
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was just guessing 540 would work because the original was 1080i. Resizing by half will completely blur the the fields of a 1080i video together. But since the video you have has already been resized to 720 you may have to use a different intermediate size. The size may vary depending on what resizing algorithm was used in the original resize. And if the video was cropped in any way you will have to use a different size. And yes, under the best of conditions it will deliver a blend deinterlace (the two fields are blended together, looking like double exposures when there is motion) and lower vertical resolution.

Some other options are to use vInverse() or Santiag(strv=0, nns=4). Those will leave a blend deinterlace too.

I've never used johnmeyer's technique.
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Apr 2021 at 11:13.
    Quote Quote