VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've searched google but can't find any solution to this issue,just recently I've been having this issue that right clicking a file and send to mail recipient opens thunderbird inbox instead of the write section where it used to open with that attachment added.

Anyone had this issue and found a fix for it?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry win 8.1 here, right clicking a file doesn't even have a send to mail option.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I've searched google but can't find any solution to this issue,just recently I've been having this issue that right clicking a file and send to mail recipient opens thunderbird inbox instead of the write section where it used to open with that attachment added.

Anyone had this issue and found a fix for it?
    i don't have this setup, but if i click on a file and then send to, then mail recipient, a message pops up
    that says "There are no email programs associated to preform the requested action. Please install an email program
    or if one is already installed, create association in the default programs control panel" - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/crea...9-d4a403f0bc78
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting.

I NEVER knew this even existed since I always manually load any attachment to a mail.

But I checked my Win7 system and, yes, Thunderbird does load the attachment from a 'send to' right-click and show the 'Write' tab.

No idea why it should not work now but this is Win10 so anything is possible.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't help,had already read that,it doesn't give help on the send to mail routine,i did open the Mail recipient in the send to folder in users/name/appdata/roaming/microsoft/sendto/windows/send to and it said "Mail".Any chance DB83 that you can open your Mail recipient to see the command it has?Just don't save the open with option if you do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Sorry. Do not quite follow you or know how to do what you suggest.

I guess that some update to Win10, or even Thunderbird, caused the link to be broken.

But by all means guide me how I can do what you ask and I will be more than happy to attempt to assist.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Goto c:/users/name/appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/send to/Mail recipient open the Mail recipient file with notepad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. No such link exists.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Win7_users_scrn.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	58453  

Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You got to make files unhidden,to do that open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. Click the View tab. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked my mothers windows 10 and the mail to recipient works with thunderbird and the Mail recipient file shows Mail so there's something else going on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.

The folder/file is called 'Mail Recipient.MAPIMail' and its contents are simply 'Mail'
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks DB83.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Thanks ProWo,i was able to make a new short to thunderbird and replaced the sendto and it works that way.Only thing is that it attaches just one file at a time.
    Quote Quote