VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I would use only very light settings in MKLMeanCL(). I also played around with limiting dehalo_alpha() to only the strongest edges:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("definitive.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 
    AssumeTFF()
    Crop(8,0,-8,-0)

QTGMC(Preset="Slower",sharpness=0.5)

BilinearResize(width/2, 480)

emask = mt_edge(mode="cartoon").mt_expand().Blur(1.0).Blur(1.0)
    dh = dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=2.0, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0)
    Overlay(last, dh, mask=emask)

MergeChroma(aWarpSharp2(depth=5), aWarpSharp2(depth=15))
    KNLMeansCL(d=2, a=2, s=2, h=0.5, device_type="GPU", device_id=0) # very light noise reduction
    Sharpen(0.5, 0.0)
    TurnRight().nnedi3(dh=true).TurnLeft()
    #CAS(0.5) # no point in adding back noise after removing it above
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are the dlls or the scripts to load for mergechroma and mt_edge?
    Quote Quote  
  3. MergeChroma() is built into AviSynth. mt_edge() is part of MaskTools2. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Masktools2
    Quote Quote  
  4. you can further fix it a bit with a content aware sharpening
    btw. last I checked CAS was contrast adaptive sharpening not content aware sharpening,...
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    you can further fix it a bit with a content aware sharpening
    btw. last I checked CAS was contrast adaptive sharpening not content aware sharpening,...
    Yes, sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi... I have tried various configs, and the settings of Jagabo are effectively the best. Now i've found another source, from a russian release DVD, but i can't decide what is the best.

The first source is from the dvd's in my possession Future Coming From The Past:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dr33ricsawDcYyJvjd6mU1Kt9pp8lh1N/view?usp=sharing

the second from a russian release that i've found online:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Bdh2WTkI_eburwwLM5cpXdIL_b5ltxh/view?usp=sharing

Please give me your opinion on what is the best between these two.

How can i stretch the video from 4:3 to 16:9 with the same stretch from the center to the edges?
    Last edited by salvo00786; 26th Apr 2021 at 11:05.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi... Jagabo please can you give me some script suggestion for this concert, like you did for the other?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1etr4O0k6np-VoWyfwanfKEeFAMpBKQGl/view?usp=sharing
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by salvo00786 View Post
    Please give me your opinion on what is the best between these two.
    The Russian version is better overall. It has more noise but it also has more detail and less macroblocking. The levels and saturation are off but they're easily corrected. About ColorYUV(gain_y=35, off_y=-18, cont_u=35, cont_v=35).

Originally Posted by salvo00786 View Post
    How can i stretch the video from 4:3 to 16:9 with the same stretch from the center to the edges?
    Why would you want to ruin the video like that?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by salvo00786 View Post
    Hi... Jagabo please can you give me some script suggestion for this concert, like you did for the other?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1etr4O0k6np-VoWyfwanfKEeFAMpBKQGl/view?usp=sharing
    Something like:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("1998 Closing The Chapter (1)-002.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 
    CheckMate()
    ColorYUV(gain_y=25, off_y=-7, off_u=2, off_v=5)
    QTGMC()
    dehalo_alpha(rx=3.5, ry=3.0, brightstr=0.7, darkstr=0.7)
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    CAS(0.5)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ok, these are the complete scripts:

For the 1996 Russian Video

Code:
    #MT
    #PREFETCH_LIMIT=4

#VideoSource
    LoadPlugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
    video=LWLibavVideoSource("D:\da b\Royal Hunt\modifica\1996 Live (Another Version).mkv",cachefile="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\1996 Live (Another Version).mkv.lwi",prefer_hw=3)

#Deinterlace
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadCplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Zs_RF_Shared.avsi")
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avsi")
    video=AssumeTFF(video).QTGMC(Preset="Slower",sharpness=0.5)

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Tonemap

#Levels

#Colours

#Denoise

#Custom

#Prefetch
    video=Prefetch(video,4)

#After_Prefetch_Denoise

#After_Prefetch_Custom

#Sharpen

#Borders

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
    Import("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job14\job14_a1.avs")

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace

#Various
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Checkmate\Checkmate.dll")
    CheckMate()
    ColorYUV(gain_y=35, off_y=-18, cont_u=35, cont_v=35)
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
    BilinearResize(720/2,480)
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Dehalo_alpha.avsi")
    emask=mt_edge(mode="cartoon").mt_expand().Blur(1.0).Blur(1.0)
    dh=dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=2.0, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0)
    Overlay(last, dh, mask=emask)
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\aWarpsharpMT\aWarpsharpMT.dll")
    Sharpen(0.5, 0.0)
    TurnRight().nnedi3(dh=true).TurnLeft()
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\CAS\CAS.dll")
    CAS(0.5)

#Return
    For the 1998 Video

Code:
    #MT
    #PREFETCH_LIMIT=4

#VideoSource
    LoadPlugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
    video=LWLibavVideoSource("D:\da b\Royal Hunt\1998 Closing The Chapter.mkv",cachefile="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job15\1998 Closing The Chapter.mkv.lwi",prefer_hw=3)

#Deinterlace
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadCplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Zs_RF_Shared.avsi")
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avsi")
    video=AssumeTFF(video).QTGMC(Preset="Slower")

#Decimate

#Crop

#Resize

#Tonemap

#Levels

#Colours

#Denoise

#Custom

#Prefetch
    video=Prefetch(video,4)

#After_Prefetch_Denoise

#After_Prefetch_Custom

#Sharpen

#Borders

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
    Import("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job15\job15_a1.avs")

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace

#Various
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Checkmate\Checkmate.dll")
    CheckMate()
    ColorYUV(gain_y=25, off_y=-7, off_u=2, off_v=5)
    Import("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Dehalo_alpha.avsi")
    dehalo_alpha(rx=3.5, ry=3.0, brightstr=0.7, darkstr=0.7)
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\aWarpsharpMT\aWarpsharpMT.dll")
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    Loadplugin("A:\PORTABLE\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\AviSynth plugins\CAS\CAS.dll")
    CAS(0.5)

#Return

Are these scripts correct?

Checkmate is for the two videos of only for the 1998?
    Quote Quote