VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to deinterlace an anime movie called SIN but my usual method of deinterlacing isn't working for this particular movie.

This is my current script and the one that usually works. I tried qtgmc just to see if it would work but the default settings didn't work and I don't know enough about it to know which settings to tweak.

Code:
    directshowSource("F:\Video\SIN THE MOVIE\SIN THE MOVIE_t01.mkv",  fps=29.970, convertfps=true) #Source is vfr
    tfm()
    tdecimate()

Sample
    Quote Quote  
  2. Never use DirectShowSource(). Use LWlibavVideoSource() instead. Will look at the sample...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Never use DirectShowSource(). Use LWlibavVideoSource() instead. Will look at the sample...
    I only used it because thats what i was told to use when i have a source that is vfr.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The sample is field blended but there are tears about 1/4 and 3/4 down from the top of the frame. If you crop away those sections you get a pretty clean result from

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("SampleAnime.d2v", Info=3) 
    Crop(0,120,-0,-120)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SRestore(frate=23.976)
    There still a little blending from some temporal noise reduction in the source.

Obviously, that's not an acceptable solution. I don't think there's a way to get SRestore() to only use the center part of the video for its analysis.

Another way to approach this is to manually select frames:

Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectEvery(5,2,4)
    That works for a while (see the panning shot that starts about 2.5 seconds into the video) but breaks in the pattern mean you'll have to work in sections.
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Apr 2021 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The sample is field blended but there are tears about 1/4 and 3/4 down from the top of the frame. If you crop away those sections you get a pretty clean result from

Code:
    Crop(0,120,-0,-120)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SRestore(frate=23.976)
    There still a little blending from some temporal noise reduction in the source.

Obviously, that's not an acceptable solution. I don't think there's a way to get SRestore() to only use the center part of the video for its analysis.

Another way to approach this is to manually select frames:

Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectEvery(5,2,4)
    That works for a while (see the panning shot that starts about 2.5 seconds into the video) but breaks in the pattern mean you'll have to work in sections.
    Sorry to sound like a total noob but what is exactly is selectevery(5,2,4) doing? I read the wiki but still dont quite understand.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Out of every 5 group of frames, keep frames 2 and 4, discard frames 0, 1, and 3.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I see, I loaded both of your scripts in avspmod side by side but I didnt notice any differences so I think i'm just gonna go with your first script without the 240p crop lol.
    Quote Quote  
  8. [QUOTE=MysticFTW;2616353I think i'm just gonna go with your first script without the 240p crop lol.[/QUOTE]
    You're losing half the picture with that script though!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oooh no I'm NOT using the crop from that script so it'll be the full image.
    Just a normal crop
    Crop(8,4,-8,-0)
    Last edited by MysticFTW; 9th Apr 2021 at 11:44.
    Quote Quote