VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

thanks so much in advance for helping. I am really struggling.

I have tried quicktime, premiere, lifeflix, and move. They all break the minidv footage into scenes. The problem is that when I watch it on the camcorder, its continuous footage. Its so old that the computer must think its different scenes. So, I get like 60-80 scenes for one actual scene, each being like 1-5 seconds in some cases and longer in others.

I just want to record one big block just how it plays on the camcorder. Why is that so hard?! And I will edit the footage on my own time.

Can someone help me find a program that lets me upload without scene splitting. In addition, I would prefer if I could upload continuously without the program stopping the camera after a scene.

I have 30 tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. By "upload" do you mean "transfer"?

Turn off scene detection check box in Premiere on capture. Or use ScenealyzerLive and turn off scene detection to capture the whole tape as one file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nicholasserra View Post
    By "upload" do you mean "transfer"?

Turn off scene detection check box in Premiere on capture. Or use ScenealyzerLive and turn off scene detection to capture the whole tape as one file.
    Response: Unfortuantely, ScenealyzerLive is only for PC's.

Basically, even with premier scene detection off, adobe still cuts the footage and its choppy.

I just want to DL all my movies as one block.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So join them right away, it is lossless, very fast.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont think you understand- that software does not work for Macs. I have a mac
    Quote Quote  
  6. I understand that something is "broken" and dv transfer is split up into clips. Not sure how to fix it.

So you can use for example Premiere and export that captured sequences of clips into a single DV clip and then work with it again or encode it etc. I know it is cumbersome/stupid like and hopefully there are no glitches of missing frames, lots of tapes, better to fix it, but so far the only thing you got.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! Still looking for a solution
    Quote Quote