VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys I wanted to know what program do you recomend to burn some Bluray movies disc? I mean, I have my legal disc and I wish to make a full entire disc back on an blank BD50 and I wish to know if you can recomend burning program?

Thank You in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Imgburn.
    I had a kinda weird experience recently, which I am not well schooled enough in these things to explain. I went to burn something to BD-R disc: first on a very major media brand, then also on an "off" brand. (Optimum. But I think there may be more than one called Optimum . . . .) Imgburn was my first choice for doing this, although I had a couple other burning tools available. In neither case could Imgburn even see the blank media in the computer's LG BR burner, which is of relatively recent vintage and low-mileage in terms of use. So I then connected an external BR player via e-SATA -- also as it happens an LG, but a model from a couple years earlier, which may no longer be on the market. I think that one has never failed me on any task I've thrown its way, and it worked fine here with these two very same BR blanks, still using ImgBurn. So, any idea why the built-in LG burner kept telling me "No Media in the Drive" ?

I also have a Pioneer external BR burner around here, which I've not even taken out of the box. Might be interesting to get a "third opinion" from that.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn hasn't been updated in a few years so your model which is newer isn't in imgburn data.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Imgburn hasn't been updated in a few years so your model which is newer isn't in imgburn data.
    That makes sense. I don't suppose there is any way for us end-users to update that database ?
    So, is Lightning UK off on other projects, or retired now ?
    In the meantime, when this comes up again I guess I can just use Burnaware, or something else . . . .
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It doesn't work like that and doesn't need to be updated like that.

The issue there is between your drive and the media - assuming it can initialise other media. If it can't, your drive is just plain broken
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNING UK! View Post
    It doesn't work like that and doesn't need to be updated like that.

The issue there is between your drive and the media - assuming it can initialise other media. If it can't, your drive is just plain broken
    It burns DVD media just fine. It reads (commercial) Blu-Ray discs just fine -- can rip them with MakeMKV or Fab. Not yet sure whether it has problems burning certain BR blanks but not those of other manufacturers. One good test is apt to be whether Burnaware or another such program does not run into the same detection / burning issue, with blanks of the same kind. Will update that when I have more to report. As I said, one would think that the mileage on this drive is way too low for the laser to be failing.

Good to hear from you ! What are you working on these days ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

It burns DVD media just fine. It reads (commercial) Blu-Ray discs just fine -- can rip them with MakeMKV or Fab. Not yet sure whether it has problems burning certain BR blanks but not those of other manufacturers. One good test is apt to be whether Burnaware or another such program does not run into the same detection / burning issue, with blanks of the same kind. Will update that when I have more to report. As I said, one would think that the mileage on this drive is way too low for the laser to be failing.

how fast are you burning your blu-ray discs ?? try slowing down your burn speed.
    especially when using cheap media.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

If you go into write mode and pop a disc in the drive, keep an eye on the various messages that show up in the status bar. Theyíre what the drive is returning.

So it should go from something like...

medium not present - tray closed
    (You eject the tray)
    Medium not present - tray open
    (You insert the disc and close the tray)
    Medium not present - logical unit is in process of becoming ready
    (Drive finishes initialising the disc)
    Ready

Except it sounds like your drive canít manage that last part and so gives up, simply reporting no disc is present.

Thereís no reason for any software to see it differently - bar dodgy drivers etc messing up your machine as a whole. ImgBurn defaults to SPTI, which is built into windows. No additional drivers are installed.

Besides a few bits for a hobby, Iím not really doing programming anymore. I do still tinker with ImgBurn now and then. Itís probably about time I released a version that could at least identify Windows 10 correctly (purely cosmetic) ! Iím still very active on my own forum, but the optical market get smaller by the day
    Quote Quote  
  10. Has anyone tried to burn a Bluray using Windows Media Player? Dell says you can using Win10 Windows Media Player. Other posts on Google says it can't be done. So which is it?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote