VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I kind of Frankensteined together an old dell case with a E3-1230 CPU. I don't think it supports audio but that's not a big deal cause I have a 1060 GTX that had handled the sound through HDMI. Now I'm thinking about adding a sound bar that does bluetooth. Am I going to run into issues if I get a USB bluetooth transmitter to send the sound to the sound bar? Thanks in advance for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Any computer in the last 20 years supported audio cards,as to using bluetooth there should be no issues as long as they pair up.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you are sending video out through HDMI, you will want to explicitly disable the hdmi sound, as it always otherwise takes priority in conjunction with hdmi video.

Other than that, assuming you have well made drivers (no fly-by-nights), you should be fine.

Quality over BT is another matter. Much depends on which protocol you are using (e.g. proprietary user data streaming vs. unidirectional hifi audio streaming vs. bidirectional lo/med fi audio communication), and which codec. And this depends on both source and destination capabilities, since they negotiate.

Scott
    Quote Quote