VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have several DVD's with audio in either the LEFT or RIGHT channels. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who can't figure out how to hook up BOTH audio channels on a DVD recorder! Ideally I'd like to find software that could change the audio of VOB files directly and save them maintaining the DVD structure without re-authoring. I tried OJOsoft's Total Video Converter which allows you to change the audio to MONO and re-save the VOB, however I was only able to try the trial version which only saves 30 seconds of a file and their website purchase links are broken.

Any alternatives?

Thanks!
    PRTV
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wouldn't be easier just to set your receiver to output mono sound in both speakers?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Wouldn't be easier just to set your receiver to output mono sound in both speakers?
    No, not really. My DVD player is HDMI only and my sound bar doesn't have that option.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can use ffmpeg to reencode the one good channel to a single mono channel:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.ext -map_channel 0.1.0 -c:v copy -c:a mp3 -b:a 128k "output.ext"
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation
    Quote Quote