VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. It's my opinions that that noise is on the original film, so it should remain in the video. If you really want to remove it you can use a filter that includes spacial noise reduction as well as temporal noise reduction. Try something like MCTemporalDenoise(settings="very high") instead.

Also, I just noticed the video needs a little more cropping at the top and right of the frame.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's my opinions that that noise is on the original film, so it should remain in the video. If you really want to remove it you can use a filter that includes spacial noise reduction as well as temporal noise reduction. Try something like MCTemporalDenoise(settings="very high") instead.

Also, I just noticed the video needs a little more cropping at the top and right of the frame.
    Replacing Temporaldegrain by MCtemporaldenoise ?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replacing Temporaldegrain by MCtemporaldenoise
    As alternative, if you are more familiar with TemporalDegrain2 you can use its post-processing.

From its doc:
    # recommendation:
    # 3. if more denoising is needed try postFFT=1 with postSigma=1 and postDither=-1, then tune postSigma (obvious blocking and banding of regions in the sky are indications of a value which is at least a factor 2 too high)
    # 4. if you would need a postSigma of more than 2, try first to increase degrainTR. The goal is to balance postSigma and degrainTR. However, do not increase degrainTR above 1/8th of the fps (at 24fps up to 3).
    # 5. if there are any issues with banding switch to postFFT=3
    # - postFFT, if you want to remove absolutely all remaining noise suggestion is to use 3 (dfttest) for its quality or 1 (ff3dfilter) is much faster but can introduce banding. 2 and 4 are GPU based versions.
    # - postSigma, increase it to remove all the remaining noise you want removed, but do not increase too much since unnecessary high values have severe negative impact on either banding and/or sharpness
    # - postDither, positive values are used as parameter for dfttest (values above 2 can remove preexinsting banding), negative values indicate 16 bits FFT processing (to be used only with postFFT=1 or in case of strong paranoia regarding banding)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yes.
    I installed the filters asked by MCtemporalDenoise but i have this message?
    Do you have an idea what i am doing wrong?

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\LSMASHSource.dll")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\Stab.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\srestore v2.796.avs")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\TemporalDegrain.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\DePan.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\DePanEstimate.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\RgTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\fft3dfilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\aWarpsharpMT.dll")
    LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\David GC\Desktop\Capt Tsubasa sample.mkv")
    Crop(14,4,-10,-4)
    ConvertToRGB(interlaced=true, matrix="rec601").RGBAdjust(r=251.0/281.0, g=251.0/281.0, b=251.0/221.0).ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true, matrix="rec709")
    QTGMC(sharpness=0.6)
    Stab(range=4, dxmax=4, dymax=4, mirror=15)
    SRestore()
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="very high")
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.5, ry=2.5)
    Hysteria(strength=2.0)
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp2(depth=3), aWarpSharp2(depth=15))
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1024, fheight=768)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=3)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1440, fheight=1080)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=3)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt TsubasaTEST000000.bmp
Views:	42
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	58258  

Quote Quote  
  5. Here's the version of Gradfun I have:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Here's the version of Gradfun I have:
    It's the one that I have also.
    It's weird, all the .avsi files gives me that error now.
    MCTemporaldenoise, also.

I made something wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The error message doesn't make sense. The first 135 lines of that avsi file are comments. So there can't be an error on line 3. Did you check the contents? Don't just rely on the name.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try mctemporaldenoise with the gradfun2db turned off, and not being used by making GFthr=1.00 instead of its default which will deband the video, and destroy more detail.

mctemporaldenoise(sigma=2, sharp=false, radius=1, ecrad=1, AGstr=0.5, GFthr=1.00) # Increase sigma to 3-6 to get stronger denoise if you want

It might get it working, but you should still try to fix the underlying issue.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th Apr 2021 at 16:09.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    The error message doesn't make sense. The first 135 lines of that avsi file are comments. So there can't be an error on line 3. Did you check the contents? Don't just rely on the name.
    You're right. The content was different.
    All OK.
    I will try the encode with MCTemporalDenoise.
    Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Try mctemporaldenoise with the gradfun2db turned off, and not being used by making GFthr=1.00 instead of its default which will deband the video.

mctemporaldenoise(sigma=2, sharp=false, radius=1, ecrad=1, AGstr=0.5, GFthr=1.00)

Will try it too.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    It's my opinions that that noise is on the original film, so it should remain in the video. If you really want to remove it you can use a filter that includes spacial noise reduction as well as temporal noise reduction. Try something like MCTemporalDenoise(settings="very high") instead.

The result is good!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Try mctemporaldenoise with the gradfun2db turned off, and not being used by making GFthr=1.00 instead of its default which will deband the video, and destroy more detail.

mctemporaldenoise(sigma=2, sharp=false, radius=1, ecrad=1, AGstr=0.5, GFthr=1.00) # Increase sigma to 3-6 to get stronger denoise if you want

It seems to have more noise that Jagabo's script ?
    i tried with sigma 6.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. The "very high" preset uses a sigma value of 16.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The "very high" preset uses a sigma value of 16.
    Yeah, like Jagabo said, it uses a much higher sigma which is very destructive to details and will smudge out grainy artifacts more to look cleaner. It will look cleaner, but you are wiping out detail. If you want smeared out garbage to get it cleaner looking, then by all means, raise the sigma higher and use DNR that's overkill. It's your call. I just typically try never to go above 6, and even then I feel 6 is too strong.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by david.dgc View Post
    Originally Posted by david.dgc View Post
    If I want a 960x720 output which and where do you think that the resizer shoud be put on the script?
    Try this:

Code:
    Crop(240, 0, -240, -0)
    Spline36Resize(960,720)
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709")
    RGBAdjust(rb=-29, gb=-26, bb=-27)#, r=250.0/200.0, g=250.0/182.0, b=250.0/154.0)
    RGBAdjust(r=250.0/200.0, g=250.0/182.0, b=250.0/154.0)
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    Stab(range=4, dxmax=6, dymax=6, mirror=15)
    TemporalDegrain(sigma=4)
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp2(depth=10), aWarpSharp2(depth=20))
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.2)
    I toned down the sharpening and reduced the Stab limits to better suit the smaller frame size.
    I used your script and the result is great !

I will try now some full episodes.
    Thanks !!
    hey dear brother can you please help me out to set all of these script for staxrip please

Sent from my M2101K7BI using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    hey dear brother can you please help me out to set all of these script for staxrip please
    I don't know much about staxrip.
    Quote Quote