VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have lots of mp4 video with subtitles and are trying tom make DVDs. I'm using AVS2DVD but it does not see the subtitles, and its demux function does not work with mp4, only with mkv.
    In order to include subtitles, the mp4 has to be run through a demuxer (mp4box) and the subtitles extracted. When this process is completed, AS2DVD will see the extracted SRT and include them when it processes the MP$.

Is there any way tomhave this happen in AVS itself?

Thanks,
    MHHMHH
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MHHMHH View Post
    I have lots of mp4 video with subtitles and are trying tom make DVDs. I'm using AVS2DVD but it does not see the subtitles, and its demux function does not work with mp4, only with mkv.
    In order to include subtitles, the mp4 has to be run through a demuxer (mp4box) and the subtitles extracted. When this process is completed, AS2DVD will see the extracted SRT and include them when it processes the MP$.

Is there any way tomhave this happen in AVS itself?

Thanks,
    MHHMHH
    This is the first time I've seen this mentioned, subs inside mp4 must be relatively rare.
    I would convert all the files to mkv using mkvtoolnix then use the mkv result instead of the mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I now use MKVTools to add subtitles, but I've never used it as a converter from mp4, You are right, these are old videos. I'll give it a tru, but like I've said, first I have to get the subtitle extracted by mp4box. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have 2 mkv files, the resolution for both is 1080x720
    when I use the latest version of avs2dvd the vob files in VIDEO_TS folder have resolution of 720x480

i can see when hcenc is running it says 720x480

why is that? is there an option in the program I can change for resolution??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by muddy7 View Post
    I have 2 mkv files, the resolution for both is 1080x720
    when I use the latest version of avs2dvd the vob files in VIDEO_TS folder have resolution of 720x480

i can see when hcenc is running it says 720x480

why is that? is there an option in the program I can change for resolution??
    That's normal for NTSC DVD. DVD is standard definition
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvd
    Quote Quote