VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried this recently and was surprised that the result was less quality than the bluray disc it was ripped from...is that normal?
    Quote Quote  
  2. How did you create this mp4 file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was a bluray rip from yify, looked great streaming but when I converted to bluray didc looks like it lost resolution from winavi software
    Quote Quote  
  4. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unless the file you downloaded was the same size or larger than a full bluray disc, yes, it's normal. If the resolution and play time are the same and the file is smaller, something had to have been taken out. Quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leeestrada View Post
    It was a bluray rip from yify, looked great streaming but when I converted to bluray didc looks like it lost resolution from winavi software
    what size blu-ray disc did you burn to ??
    if you used the 25GB blanks then your movie file would need to be shrunk (compressed) to fit on the disc.
    the 50GB blanks should work without compression.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Most of the yify BD rips I've seen are less that 2 GB. You really expect a 30+ GB Blu-ray video compressed to 2 GB, then (probably reencoded again by winavi) to look like the original BD? Buy the BD if you want BD quality.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the info, I will keep the mp4's as they are, they doook great on my 65 inch Vizio as is without burning back to bluray
    Quote Quote  
  8. Look great, hate autocorrect...lol
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can always examine the m2ts video on the disc with MediaInfo to see what properties it has.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I bet they doook great, too!

Scott
    Quote Quote