VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a dvd where the screen constantly moves up and down about 2-3 pixel rows. Stabilization filters are having no effect on it.

Is there any avisynth filters I can use to move the entire image up manually for specified frames? I suppose I could shift the chroma and luma up with 2 separate filters, but I only know how to shift chroma. I don't believe it would do it right, or would pull the top chroma down to the bottom maybe, as it got shifted over the top.

How can I move the entire image up, so the bottom two rows of pixels become solid black, and the top two get cut off, or pushed outside of the image as if they were never there?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    I have a dvd where the screen constantly moves up and down about 2-3 pixel rows. Stabilization filters are having no effect on it.

Is there any avisynth filters I can use to move the entire image up manually for specified frames? I suppose I could shift the chroma and luma up with 2 separate filters, but I only know how to shift chroma. I don't believe it would do it right, or would pull the top chroma down to the bottom maybe, as it got shifted over the top.

How can I move the entire image up, so the bottom two rows of pixels become solid black, and the top two get cut off, or pushed outside of the image as if they were never there?
    crop and addborders

crop(0,2,0,0,true)
    addborders(0,0,0,2)

You already asked something like this
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/397318-Stabilization-question

In that thread, there were examples with ReplaceFrameSimple
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, I remember that DVD. It's not the same thing as this, and was a different problem, but yeah that old question, and the example you gave looks like exactly what I was looking for.

Whats the true at the end of the crop for? I don't recall ever seeing a true or false used at the end of crop. I honestly didn't even know that was a parameter for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post

Whats the true at the end of the crop for? I don't recall ever seeing a true or false used at the end of crop. I honestly didn't even know that was a parameter for it.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Crop

Code:
        bool  align = false

Cropping an YUY2/RGB32 image is always mod4 (four bytes). However, when reading x bytes (an int), it is faster when the read is aligned to a modx placement in memory. MMX/SSE likes 8-byte alignment and SSE2 likes 16-byte alignment. If the data is NOT aligned, each read/write operation will be delayed at least 4 cycles. So images are always aligned to mod16 when they are created by AviSynth. 

If an image has been cropped, they will sometimes be placed unaligned in memory; align=true will copy the entire frame from the unaligned memory placement to an aligned one. 

So if the penalty of the following filter is larger than the penalty of a complete image copy, using align=true will be faster – especially when it is followed by smoothers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. That actually fills me in quite a bit with the memory part, and makes me wonder.

I very rarely get this but, I have gotten an error that says "unaligned splice" when using certain filters together like dehalo alpha, mctemporaldenoise, or stab. I think my solution was to crop or use stab after the filters instead of before like I normally do.

If I understand the explanation how I think I do, then I wonder. Do you think using true in the crop would fix it if I ever came across that error again?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Thanks. That actually fills me in quite a bit with the memory part, and makes me wonder.

I very rarely get this but, I have gotten an error that says "unaligned splice" when using certain filters together like dehalo alpha, mctemporaldenoise, or stab. I think my solution was to crop or use stab after the filters instead of before like I normally do.

If I understand the explanation how I think I do, then I wonder. Do you think using true in the crop would fix it if I ever came across that error again?
    No -

"aligned" vs. "unaligned splice" deals with audio adjustment when appending clips (ie. a+b vs. a++b) ; it's different than crop's align = true/false - the latter deals with memory alignment
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Splice

AlignedSplice
    Ajusts the audio (cuts off sound or inserts silence as necessary) to ensure that the sound remains synchronized with the video.

UnalignedSplice
    Simply concatenates the sound without regard to synchronization with the video.
    Quote Quote