VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, First post here.

Long story short I was filming a video on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and accidently hit the animoji button during the video. (The character that mirrors whatever actions are on screen) I didn't notice I pressed the button until after the video was over. So half the video is normal and the other half has a stupid animoji covering the entire screen of the whole video. I have searched forever and can't find a way to remove it. I feel like it should be possible since half the video is normal? Plus since the animoji mirrors whatever is being filmed, so shouldn't the regular footage still be there??

Any tips or software recommendations to remove it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nope the video does not contain the original content and some animated overlay.
    So there is no real way to recover the original content.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Nope the video does not contain the original content and some animated overlay.
    So there is no real way to recover the original content.
    Even if half the video is normal?? I am also the one who made it and have the original.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, you can't restore the original data which the camera saw, since the video doesn't contain the data you want.
    In theory there way to use some 'deep fake' software (similar tp DeepFaceLab) to create a similar video, but I don't know of any software to actually do it.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you have the originals (pre-overlay), use them & re-edit.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Yes, you can't restore the original data which the camera saw, since the video doesn't contain the data you want.
    In theory there way to use some 'deep fake' software (similar tp DeepFaceLab) to create a similar video, but I don't know of any software to actually do it.
    Ok thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott
    I was filming a video and hit the animoji button in the middle of the video. So I'm not sure if there is a pre-overlay; I would think there would be since the video starts off normal. I guess thats the part that I don't get. How can you have a half normal video then the rest an animoji fills the entire screen. Also the animoji usually copies the facial expressions or whatever it is you are recording...so how can there not be some regular video under it?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kaeptaink View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott
    I was filming a video and hit the animoji button in the middle of the video. So I'm not sure if there is a pre-overlay; I would think there would be since the video starts off normal. I guess thats the part that I don't get. How can you have a half normal video then the rest an animoji fills the entire screen. Also the animoji usually copies the facial expressions or whatever it is you are recording...so how can there not be some regular video under it?
    Can you post the video, or recreate the issue, and upload it to the forum
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If this is being done in-camera, is there a way IN-CAMERA to preview the playback prior to digitizing/capture while turning it off? If not, then almost a sure bet, you are OUT oF LUCK. This sounds similar in format (if not in substance) to baking in a timestamp.

Scott
    Quote Quote