VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have some Video8 and DV to enhance, not total restoration just deinterlace, denoise and maybe some little sharpening.
    I tried to understand avisynth or vapoursynth, but I got losted, the always missing stuffs, the scripting approach is way too complicated for me.

So is there any script source to download free or to buy that can made things easier and just put them in a soft and tweaking a few parameters ?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Chrisbati
    Quote Quote  
  2. The forums here have thousands of AviSynth scripts. And hundreds of "getting started" posts. The biggest problem you're probably having is that many scripts require third part filters that you have to track down and install (usually just putting a dll in AviSynth's plugins folder). I recommend you start by installing AviSynth+, only the 64 bit version.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviSynth-Plus

Then install the 64 bit version of VirtualDub to view the results of your scripts.

Start with a simple script like:
    Code:
    Version()
    Open it with VirtualDub. That will show you something like this:

[Attachment 57966 - Click to enlarge]

If you see that you know that AviSynth and VirtualDub are working. Then go on to more complex scripts and come back when you have specific questions.
    Quote Quote