normally I can create a BD video from any mkv REMUX, using tsMuxeR. But some mkv REMUX, despite the fact that MediaInfo does not present any anomaly in its encoding and it seems the standard of any encoded video to be played in BD format, when I play it on the Blu-ray player, the image suffers continuous freezes.
When this happens the only solution that i know is to recode the video.
Logically, it must be some mkvtoolnix parameter, which affects the header of the video and is not viewed from MediaInfo, but which affects tsMuxeR when it creates the new m2ts file.
Someone knows something about it? Is there a way to make the file usable again without having to re-encode?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
This could be a problem with the videostream timecode.
Another thing that I have not said is that the playback is correct from the computer, even with Blu-ray video playback software, such as CyberLink PowerDVD. The error only occurs playing from the physical Blu-ray player.
This MediaInfo is from m2ts which is failing:
Video ID : 4113 (0x1011) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : High@L4.1 Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, Reference : 3 frames Codec ID : 27 Duration : 1 h 24 min Bit rate mode : Variable Maximum bit rate : 43.7 Mb/s Width : 1 920 pixels Height : 1 080 pixels Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Color range : Limited Color primaries : BT.709 Transfer characteristics : BT.709 Matrix coefficients : BT.709
You can also try
ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i your.m2ts -c copy output.m2ts
I have tried both suggestions and neither one fixes the problem.
It is obvious that the problem is some parameter that exclusively affects the playback in Blu-ray format strictly, since the same Pioneer Blu-ray player reproduces the source .mkv file without problem, however when generating the BD authoring, is when it fails.
For the moment the only solution continues to be re-encoding.
I didn't see earlier, but the max video bitrate may be the culprit here. It's 40 Mb/s for blu-ray.
When Blu-ray player plays mkv - it plays it as media-file.
When playing Blu-ray, it plays differently. Most likely, it is physically uses different code. For Blu-ray it uses code that conforms to the Blu-ray standard requirements.
For mkv it simply uses an internal implementation of the media player.
Blu-ray has many restrictions and rules, parameter values, buffer limits, etc. You can send me a small sample and possibly I can name the parameter. But I'm not sure if this will help - 99% that you still have to re-encode.
Thank you both for answer