VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Suddenly after using VLC player for many years it Won’t play video_ts folders as a dvd, or a dvd in the dvd tray...

Uninstalled and reinstalled made no difference have everything I can think of associated with it, any help please ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Open the settings and reset them
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sounded like a good plan, but made no difference ��
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried an alternate player such as mpc-hc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. No I haven’t, this has been suggested, just wanted to get VLC working as it should do, have been using this for many years without issue, but may need to change, just need to know I can use this with SyncPlay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vlc still works fine here playing video_ts folders or dvds.

no idea what snycplay is.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can’t work out why my VLC player not doing this....reset to defaults assigned all video to VLC....uninstalled and reinstalled...plays MKV and mp4 ok.....any thoughts ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Reddwarf4ever View Post
    Can’t work out why my VLC player not doing this....reset to defaults assigned all video to VLC....uninstalled and reinstalled...plays MKV and mp4 ok.....any thoughts ?
    Did you try deleting the preferences completely? Close the program and delete the vlc folder

c:\users\userid\appdata\roaming\vlc

Sometimes drivers get installed that may interfere. Open the device manager and look for any problems
    related to the optical drive.
    Open Imgburn
    tools/filter driver load order.
    See if any lower/upper filters are loaded.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Does it play other DVDs? The default for VLC is to start directly in the meny and skip the First Play Domain. Maybe this is needed for your DVD,

[Attachment 57919 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  10. Will give this a try, but it’s not just the physical drive it’s video_ts folders of ripped dvds......curious
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well I tried a commercial dvd and it played fine with VLC, tried playing the video_ts folder of the previous dvd I created with dvd flick, still won’t play, the dvd I burnt still won’t play, but it plays in a standalone DVD player, just ripping the commercial dvd to my HDD and see if that plays....did all you suggested in your post, made no difference.....there are 3 lower filters Elba Anydvd and Pxh.....no upper filters.....will post back when I have tested the video_ts folder from the commercial dvd
    Is it easy to make VLC auto play a dvd when inserted in the tray ?
    Quote Quote