VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I am a NVIDIA user. I am making some video. I prefere to use GPU for all instead of CPUs. At the momento I want to use ffmpeg via command line. I know that is hard and I am learning howto.
    I noticed that with the NVIDIA support ffmpeg runs in seconds instead of hours or days without that support. I run the CUDA widget that shows me how the boards are working: temperature; trottling; memory.
    For me it is fantastic. I noriced that the output of editing platforms like Shotcut is fast too.
    Via command line there is a problem that is impossible to analyze without the help in the forums because ffmpeg website does not permit an interaction. So I write here.
    The problem is the filters support. If I activate the filter in the ffmpeg command line an errour occours and the ffmpeg response is that the filter is unsupported.
    There is nothing about that in the ./configure docs. I can run the make command but "how compile with the filters support". Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jeyjey View Post
    Hello. I am a NVIDIA user. I am making some video. I prefere to use GPU for all instead of CPUs. At the momento I want to use ffmpeg via command line. I know that is hard and I am learning howto.
    I noticed that with the NVIDIA support ffmpeg runs in seconds instead of hours or days without that support. I run the CUDA widget that shows me how the boards are working: temperature; trottling; memory.
    For me it is fantastic. I noriced that the output of editing platforms like Shotcut is fast too.
    Via command line there is a problem that is impossible to analyze without the help in the forums because ffmpeg website does not permit an interaction. So I write here.
    The problem is the filters support. If I activate the filter in the ffmpeg command line an errour occours and the ffmpeg response is that the filter is unsupported.
    There is nothing about that in the ./configure docs. I can run the make command but "how compile with the filters support". Thanks.
    see here - https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/FilteringGuide
    and here - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html
    Quote Quote