VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to add subtitles when using MakeMKV? I've added the following to my default selection rule

Code:
    -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:(subtitle|eng),=100:all,-10:favlang
    I'm not sure I formatted it properly. Ultimately I want to add all audio channels and subs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not simply add the subtitles to the MKV after you have made it with MakeMKV. It's just a simple drag and drop operation in MKVToolNix and then remux. No processing so no change in quality etc. I do it quite regularly as I need subs for my age related hearing loss.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Why not simply add the subtitles to the MKV after you have made it with MakeMKV. It's just a simple drag and drop operation in MKVToolNix and then remux. No processing so no change in quality etc. I do it quite regularly as I need subs for my age related hearing loss.
    Thanks for the help! How do I get the sub files off of the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  4. How do I get the sub files off of the DVD?
    With MakeMKV? When you remux the DVD with MakeMKV the subtitles will be in the resulting MKV file (unless you untick them). They will be in the image based VOBSUB/IDX format and if you need them in a text based format like SRT you'll need to perform a OCR. You may use Subtitle Edit for that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote