VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there any known issues with playing Remux files with MPC-HC. The player works fine for all other formats except any that are Remux. Is there a setting to not make it pause and skip on remux files. Are they using up too many resources?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "remux" is a verb. what do you consider a remux file?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Files that don't play well that are labeled REMUX! DO I need to post the link so I can hear the asinine response about it being an illegal file. I guess the designers of the web page did not know grammar either. The people on this site act like the douche bags that work at paraphernalia stores. "No you can't say that here, this site is for legit copies only". What kind of person spends their time buying real BD/DVD and then messes with them. For what purpose? In case they get stolen? In case they break? Maybe you didn't say that, I can just tell where this is going since you want to play dumb and give English lessons.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:20. Reason: Warez link removed
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded one and it played fine with MPCHC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by forsure View Post
    Files that don't play well that are labeled REMUX! DO I need to post the link so I can hear the asinine response about it being an illegal file. I guess the designers of the web page did not know grammar either. The people on this site act like the douche bags that work at paraphernalia stores. "No you can't say that here, this site is for legit copies only". What kind of person spends their time buying real BD/DVD and then messes with them. For what purpose? In case they get stolen? In case they break? Maybe you didn't say that, I can just tell where this is going since you want to play dumb and give English lessons.
    gotta play the game. LOL. "remuxed" would be the noun. and if i had ever run into one , the first thing i do with all of them is run them through mkvtoolnix. remove any useless streams like unwanted audio, subs, tags, etc., and do a decent remux yourself. can't say i ever ran into one that didn't play ok.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:20.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Remux is basically the main video with audio and subtitles from the Blu-ray multiplexed aka packaged in an mkv. The video and audio tracks are not reencoded. This includes the native black bars. The remuxed file is nearly Blu-ray size but less the menus and extras. "Weaker" systems and devices may struggle to play these.
    Re-encoded files are smaller and may have the video and audio compressed, sometimes the audio channels reduced from multichannel to stereo, and the subtitle files converted to text. In the early days, the black bars were removed (cropped) to improve compression to avi to save on CD as backup, this is still common practice.
    In most cases compressed video is clearly visually inferior to the original. More compression = lower quality. You can however significantly reduce file size / lower bitrate without drastically affecting the perceived quality of the video with some compression. Compression may make these files less demanding on systems and devices.
    Quote Quote