VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've been two days trying to download the encrypted audio and video from Kanopy.

This is the MPD: https://kcms.kanopy.com/api/v1/playback/2f0ed75e-0085-4fbf-a8e7-10b858db5966/dash_nohd...=backblaze_001

I already have the correct pair of KEY and KID. Another user here kindly sent me proof that he gets to download the audio and video from that MPD.

N_m3u8DL-CLI_v2.9.6 is not working for me.

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm also trying to work out how to do this, I've been able to grab unencrypted stuff from Kanopy alright, but some ones aren't giving me an m3u8, which I guess means that they need to be solved this way?
    Quote Quote  
  3. write video link
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dzigelbaum View Post
    Hi,

I've been two days trying to download the encrypted audio and video from Kanopy.

This is the MPD: https://kcms.kanopy.com/api/v1/playback/2f0ed75e-0085-4fbf-a8e7-10b858db5966/dash_nohd...=backblaze_001

I already have the correct pair of KEY and KID. Another user here kindly sent me proof that he gets to download the audio and video from that MPD.

N_m3u8DL-CLI_v2.9.6 is not working for me.

Please help.
    [Attachment 58271 - Click to enlarge]

Use 'yt-dlp'
    Quote Quote  
  5. as suggested by Whochain you don't have to use yt-dl but yt-dlp
    see link to yt-dlp to understand how it work and what is that.
    then see attach above to use yt-dlp with your mpd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I guess I need the key and KID as well - I've been doing some research, is the only way to get those to install an older version of Chrome and use the widevine decrypter extension, or is there something simpler?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by brambleclamps View Post
    is there something simpler?
    yeah. screen record!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I getcha haha, I know it's complicated and I'm willing to step up to that. I just hope there's a way of getting the key and kid that don't involve running an unsecure old version of a browser! I'll keep digging I suppose.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by brambleclamps View Post
    I getcha haha, I know it's complicated and I'm willing to step up to that. I just hope there's a way of getting the key and kid that don't involve running an unsecure old version of a browser! I'll keep digging I suppose.
    I have the latest version of Chrome installed and I can get the keys normally. The only thing I had to do is replace the widevinecdm.dll and widevinecdm.dll.sig files with older versions of them as indicated here.

If by chance it stops working, just replace the files again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ah, I appreciate it, thank you!
    Quote Quote