VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using the FFmpeg command on my local to encode the videos and get a dash file to play it. The videos processed on my local machine (Mac) play perfectly, but the same code on my EC2 instance ubuntu server produces this green screen for 5 secs in the beginning only in Safari and iPad. I don't seem to understand the problem. Is there any way to solve this issue. Please find a screenshot of the behavior. Screenshot showing the behavior for the first 5 seconds.

vidCmd := exec.Command("ffmpeg",
    "-i",
    file.Name(),
    "-an",
    "-c:v",
    "libx264",
    "-x264opts",
    "keyint=24:min-keyint=24:no-scenecut",
    "-ar",
    "48000",
    "-b:v",
    bitrate[i],
    "-maxrate",
    maxrate[i],
    "-bufsize",
    bufsize[i],
    "-vf",
    "scale=-2:"+scale[i],
    out_path_video)
    It's working perfectly on chrome and other devices
    Just the IOS and Safari

This behavior is only occurring for the first 5 seconds and then the video is playing normally. Also, The video is perfect if I am processing it on my local. The problem is coming when the video is being processed on my ec2 instance
    Same code running both on local and on ec2. Dash file generated on local is playing perfectly on all devices but the dash file produced on ec2 is giving problems for first 5 seconds on ios device/browser

Updated FFmpeg on the ec2 but that doesn't seem to solve the problem[enter image description here][1]

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/IeTJR.png
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hyder-caravel View Post
    I have been using the FFmpeg command on my local to encode the videos and get a dash file to play it. The videos processed on my local machine (Mac) play perfectly, but the same code on my EC2 instance ubuntu server produces this green screen for 5 secs in the beginning only in Safari and iPad. I don't seem to understand the problem. Is there any way to solve this issue. Please find a screenshot of the behavior. Screenshot showing the behavior for the first 5 seconds.

vidCmd := exec.Command("ffmpeg",
    "-i",
    file.Name(),
    "-an",
    "-c:v",
    "libx264",
    "-x264opts",
    "keyint=24:min-keyint=24:no-scenecut",
    "-ar",
    "48000",
    "-b:v",
    bitrate[i],
    "-maxrate",
    maxrate[i],
    "-bufsize",
    bufsize[i],
    "-vf",
    "scale=-2:"+scale[i],
    out_path_video)
    It's working perfectly on chrome and other devices
    Just the IOS and Safari

This behavior is only occurring for the first 5 seconds and then the video is playing normally. Also, The video is perfect if I am processing it on my local. The problem is coming when the video is being processed on my ec2 instance
    Same code running both on local and on ec2. Dash file generated on local is playing perfectly on all devices but the dash file produced on ec2 is giving problems for first 5 seconds on ios device/browser

Updated FFmpeg on the ec2 but that doesn't seem to solve the problem[enter image description here][1]

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/IeTJR.png
    try this - https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/21397/green-screen-to-transparent-with-ffmpeg#
    Quote Quote