VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi to everyone, i have some 720p AVC video files that will not play in my latest Media Player Classic Home Cinema player, so i downloaded the latest LAV Filter pack and copied the 64bit folder into the MPC-HC installation folder to replace the old LAV Filters, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I noted in the Source Forge website that the Developers of the old MPC-HC have continued their work on the MPC-BE player, so i installed it, and it played those video files without the need to include the LAV Filters, and personally i like the player very much.

My issue is that when i use MPC-BE to play all my video files, it is opening in a very small size, similar to 480x320, and the only way that i can get the player to play the video at 720p or higher is to manually select it from the View Menu.

I tried various things but i can't seem to get the player to play videos at their native resolution.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bridgyguy; 14th Mar 2021 at 21:31.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly this:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mpcbe.png
Views:	196
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	57819  

Quote Quote  
  3. Options -> Player -> Window Size -> After starting playback -> scale to video size 100%.

MPCHC shouldn't have had any problem playing 720p AVC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Possibly this:
    Thanks a lot, this worked, but just curious why the Devs do not set this by default so each video file plays at its native resolution, rather than have to set this manually.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    MPCHC shouldn't have had any problem playing 720p AVC.
    I don't know, all i can say is that i had about 30 720p AVC mp4 files downloaded from Youtube yesterday, over half of them would not play with MPC-HC version 1.7.13, suggesting an issue or lack of the right LAV Filters, so i downloaded and installed the latest LAV Filter installer (version 0.74.1) and i then copied the 64bit folder from that into the MPC-HC installation folder and it fixed the problem.

I love the look of MPC-BE, so i will try this out instead, doesn't seem to need the LAV Filters either, unless it has some other alternative included.
    Last edited by bridgyguy; 15th Mar 2021 at 07:20.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Simply upgrading to a newer version of MPCHC probably would have worked too (1.7.13 is about 4 years old).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Simply upgrading to a newer version of MPCHC probably would have worked too (1.7.13 is about 4 years old).
    Well that is very odd, i use MPC-HC quite often on my laptop, i have always updated whenever prompted, so i assumed that i was getting a newer version each time, and the most recent upgrade install would have been a few months ago, so i don't know why it still has that version if it is 4 years old.

I read somewhere that MPC-HC was not being updated or worked on any more, and that some of the Developers had taken up MPC-BE, and so that is why am now using that player instead, yet now i find that MPC-HC (1.9.10) was released on Feb 25 of this year, so obviously MPC-HC is still being developed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by bridgyguy View Post
    Simply upgrading to a newer version of MPCHC probably would have worked too (1.7.13 is about 4 years old).
    Well that is very odd, i use MPC-HC quite often on my laptop, i have always updated whenever prompted, so i assumed that i was getting a newer version each time, and the most recent upgrade install would have been a few months ago, so i don't know why it still has that version if it is 4 years old.

I read somewhere that MPC-HC was not being updated or worked on any more, and that some of the Developers had taken up MPC-BE, and so that is why am now using that player instead, yet now i find that MPC-HC (1.9.10) was released on Feb 25 of this year, so obviously MPC-HC is still being developed.
    A different group took over MPCHC development. Is there an auto update in MPCHC? I only use the portable version and update it manually every now and then.

I've found MPCBE to be a little less reliable than MPCHC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    A different group took over MPCHC development. Is there an auto update in MPCHC? I only use the portable version and update it manually every now and then.

I've found MPCBE to be a little less reliable than MPCHC.
    Well now that you mention reliability, i just found that when i use BE to play any of my video files, the Audio and Video is out of Sync, and this is one thing that i seriously cannot tolerate, so i went back to the latest MPC-HC and there is no Sync issues.

It would appear that MPC-HC has an auto update feature where you are alerted, and offered an opportunity to update.
    Quote Quote