VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I uploaded a video on Youtube. The duration is 1:30.560, my editor showed it as 1:30, Youtube preview shows 1:31, and when playing Youtube shows 1:30.

I could have trimmed the video after uploading with the Youtube Editor and so keep the same link. The issue is that the video seems to have a codec problem: it plays OK on my computer with VLC but freezes on Youtube at 1:25. And so the Youtube Editor only lets me trim to 1:25, so I would lose 6 seconds, when I would only like to trim 560 milliseconds.

The video is unlisted at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVC-2ykZgE

Is it possible to trim video on Youtube Editor when the video stream is shorter than the audio stream?
    Last edited by miguelmorin; 14th Mar 2021 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube link ?

trimming .560 milliseconds is not IMO going to make any difference. That could be 'rounding' or simple 'delay'
    Quote Quote  
  3. I edited the question with the link. I got the video duration from an ffprobe command. Yes, the issue is that Youtube rounds up instead of down like my editor. What do you mean by "simple 'delay'"?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On my browser, the video previewed at 1:30

The 'delay' I referred to could have been where the audio is before the video or vice-versa. That does not appear to be the case when I downloaded the clip for local playbach etc.

However, as you stated, the video freezes at appr 1:25 whereas the sound continues. Possibly a bad upload and the 'fix' will be to upload it again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, the video preview is 1:30 after clicking play, but the duration on first load and when it comes in a list such as my channel dashboard is 1:31.

A new upload would fix it, but it's part of an application where I already submitted the link and so a new upload would get a new link. Or, since this is a bad upload, would Youtube Help be able to replace the video and keep the link?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No harm in asking.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I couldn't find where to ask. It seems that emailing the creator team is only through the Youtube Partner Program: "If you don't see the email option, make sure that you're signed in to the channel that's in the YouTube Partner Programme." https://support.google.com/youtube#topic=9257498

Please tell me if you know any other way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I did read and it is NOT possible to substitute a newer video for an older one and keep the unique url of the older.

So you either trim your video back to 1:25 or keep as is (is the video for the last 5 secs critical ?)

I believe you can add a picture in picture link towards the end of the original vid which if the viewer clicks will go to a later version. But I do not know that works - I have seen it in practice.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks DD83! I will keep it as is, I have heard back from the organizers and those 560 extra milliseconds should not disqualify the video.
    Quote Quote